AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a local dealer whom is selling an AK 103 for about 419.00.

It is the Izmash black 7.62x39 does that sound like a decent price for this rifle?

I was trying to find a Yugo M70B1 fixed stock but since no one is carring them right now I was considering the Ak103. Is there any con's to buying this rifle?

I really like the look of the traditional red wood Ak as was wondering if there is a conversion available on these rifles?

Thanks in advance
-g

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
online, I found one for about 850.00 but I do not know how to distinguish the various AK -100 models at a local retailer. I thought it sounded quite a bit off from what I have found thus far.

I was curious to know what to look for before purchasing this type of rifle?

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
There is no such thing as a "true" Ak-100 series rifle sold in this country.

You've got AK103.com selling their version.

You've got Krebs selling his version.

You've got Red Jacket selling his version.

Then you've got Henderson Defense mislabeling their version.

and so on and so on

Most are built on Saiga donor guns, but not all.

Without pictures we can't tell you anything. . . .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, thanks.

This is still all new to me
here is a copy of a link on Atlantic firearms
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/beta/st ... ct443.aspx

Item# Russian AK47 Classic Style Rifle
Brand: AK47 Rifles Send Link to a Friend

Russian Classic AK 47 Rifle, 762 x 39 , semi auto,100% new, Imported Semi auto gas operated carbine,
base rifle built at the Russian Izmash arsenal & imported by Russian American Armory Company , receiver marked made in Russia Izmash Arsenal, Saiga 762 x39 .Featuring 16 inch chrome lined threaded barrel with Flash Hider & Bayonet Lug ,pistol grip
, beautifull traditional wood stock set for the Classic old school AK look ! ,these have all the cool goodies!! ,If you are looking for a high quality Russian type AK47 rifle then you have found it .will accept high capacity magazines , comes with 1-30 round magazine & rifle case... extra magazines available, limited availability on these imported rifles, ,5 year warranty.We also carry these in the AK 103 style with black poly stock sets & in .223 caliber. , THESE WILL TAKE HI CAP MAGS

·
Registered
44 Posts
nalioth said:
That is a converted Saiga.
+1

its a converted Saiga. Atlantic sells several versions of the converted Saiga, like this one. Some others made by Lancaster Arms are also very nice. I dont' know who is doing their conversions though, seems like on Saiga-12.com i heard it was red star, but i'm not sure on that one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I talked to Atlantic and they said that Lancaster Arms did the conversion.

I have been reading up on Lancaster Arms and they seem to carry a good rep with building Aks.

any opinions on Lancaster arms?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Ermac said:
nalioth said:
Ermac said:
If you got black furniture and slapped an AK-74 style brake on then you would have a AK-103 copy.
The gas block is the wrong era.
I wouldin't pay 800$ for a correct gas block.
If you are talking about this rifle http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/beta/storeproduct443.aspx then if you added the blk poly furniture it would "resemble" an AK 103, if your talking about this one http://atlanticfirearms.com/beta/storeproduct655.aspx then not just adding the furn/brake will not be anywhere close. The front sight is different, gas block is different, threads for brake are different. But the main thing is really the folding stock, if it dosn't have that it would be more of a ak103-ish "style".

Another members 103 clone, daaaaamn nice, wish I had the coin because it was up for sale again recently
http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=33058&highlight=

·
Registered
968 Posts
I built one of those faux AK103 rifles. Much cheaper than $800-$1100 for a "correct" one. I probably put ~$425-450 into it (Romy G kit, Bugarian AK74 compensator, Kvar polymer furniture, G2 FCG, Bulgarian sling) To 99% of the population, no one would know the difference between it and a real AK103. However, the non-folding stock and non-90 degree gas block definitely bug me...

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
ak 103

Chomp...if you want a really nice ak 103...get yourself in line for a "Legion" izzy from Arsenal...they're going to be in the $650 range...they're sporter type Saiga's with ak100 front ends on them...they have all original "izzy" stamping on them...it'll take roughly 50% less work to convert them to a really nice ak 103...RSR and On point Arms are getting ready to distribute these things...supposedly, there's a builder that has bought a shit pot of them and is going to be converting them to ak 103's...I can only imagine what the price is going to be :neutral:...a nice and very close clone 103 is going to run you $1000-$1100 from a reputable builder...I had Redjacket do mine on a Saiga with dimples and "y" stamps for about that much...yeh, yeh I know there's a bunch of home builders out there that are thinking it could be done for a whole lot less, and they're right...but I ain't got the skills so I have to hire someone else to do it.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
But are the new "Legions" going to have the dimples on the receiver? That's going to be quite a bit of money for a "kind of close" clone if not.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
rayman1 said:
But are the new "Legions" going to have the dimples on the receiver? That's going to be quite a bit of money for a "kind of close" clone if not.
+1

1 - 20 of 29 Posts