AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... but not exactly cheap . neither is the RD52 set that goes with it .

i dont know a thing about these folks or their stuff , just searching around and bumped into this so i delivered a headsup to my friends . scroll down to the bottom .

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/load-bearing-vests.html

QUESTION ?

are the side pockets really for grenades or more for ammo re-loads on strippers and weapon cleaning materials like the old chinese chestpouch ?

thanks

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you sir !

are these vests shown and related hardware any good as regular kit ?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Wow, I brought home nearly 50 three and four cell chest rigs from Afghanistan, all in really good shape. I guess I shouldn't have given them out to everyone.... :sad:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kit ? thats like all your stuff . your bugout bag would be 'kit' and so would your tacklebox .

like , how is the thing in actual use ? is it useable ?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I like them...very servicable, comfortable and totally ergonomic.

I like my M series vests too but I mainly collect for a ceratin time frame according to what rifle project I want to team it with.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I love those old style chest rigs, real comfortable, but often a limited mag capacity.
My Soviet era one to the left (sold it sadly)
To the right you can see my RD-54 airborne pack. It's "ok" , it only holds 2 mags and 2 grenades. So I often combine it with a 4 cell mag pouch. The backpack is quite handy though, will easily hold a camelbak or other usefull stuff.

For Afghan purposes you can also use leather Y-straps and accompanying belt kit, but for quick use the chest rig is the best. I also have another Afghan era vest on it's way to me, I will make some pictures of that if wanted :).

·
Banned
413 Posts
I'll take my M23 Pioneer chest rig over anything on that page any day!

Bill

·
Registered
811 Posts
Pff.. there are better Russian made vests out there :)
www.sposn.ru << These make the best gear, but it's only available inside Russia, so you need a Russian friend to ship you some. This is the gear preferred by Special units etc.

·
Registered
811 Posts
True, there are various collectibles from the Afghan era in terms of webbing and vests, there are webbing things like the RD-54 and Y-straps, the common Chicom and Russian variants and the more rare armoured vests which can also hold magazines and usually have a small daypack at the rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts