AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a CZ 527 rifle cal. 7.62x39, 10 yrs. ago great little gun, never any problems with any ammo, till i got some chin. surplus with which 4-8 rounds in a box of 20 were duds! Just recently read that they had problems with weak springs in the fir. pins on some models! Anybody else know about this?
Thanks! :hail:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Interesting....I bought one a half dozen years ago, but I've never fired it.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Did you leave it cocked all this time?

It shouldn't have effected the strength of the firing spring, but it may have.

I'd try some other ammo. If you're still experiencing failures to fire, call up CZ-USA and get a new firing pin spring.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it new around 97 new and shot it with mainly wolf ammo and never had any problems, then i found 3 boxes of chin. Out of those 60
about 25 turned out to be duds, i had never had that type and thought
bad ammo! Then recently i read a comment, that the firing pin springs
were to weak to handle o lot of mil. ammo! And no i did not leave it cocked, before i ever post a question i do a search on net, but all reviews say its a great gun! :confused:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
They are great guns, my next hunting rifle will probably be a CZ 527 in .308Win or 6.5x55 Swedish.

I'd try some commercial ammo first and some more Wolf or Barnaul and see if you are still having an issue with it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Not firing with hard primers is a common complaint with the 527.. CZUSA can fix you up if you call them...

There are posts on this subject over at THR, TFL etcetera...

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MD Willington said:
Not firing with hard primers is a common complaint with the 527.. CZUSA can fix you up if you call them...

There are posts on this subject over at THR, TFL etcetera...

Thank you, very much for that info, since i couldnt find any complaints, but one! I will get a xstrong spring! :dance: :dance: Just strange that out of at least 8 diff. ammo types, that the chin. was the only one i had problems with! :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts