AK Rifles banner

Adjusting your AK Scope Mount Locking lever

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Horse 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Here's a drawing from K-VAR's site on adjusting the "small throw lever" type mount:

Which mount is supposed to be the better one?

I used to cuss the "large throw lever" type mount in the first post because it would get caught in my gear all the time.

It seems like the "small throw lever" type mount would have to be re-adjusted occasionally to compensate for wear.

Is this just a case of "it's ComBloc; live with its limitations?"

#3 ·
Re:

Zane Zackerly said:
It seems like the "small throw lever" type mount would have to be re-adjusted occasionally to compensate for wear.
I had a KV-04S side mount rail that after 4 or 5 months got too loose and started sliding off the rifle. It's not as though I was constantly mounting and unmounting it, although I did take it off and put it back on some.

After I tightened it up so it would stay on the rifle again, the throw lever was too stiff to call it a quick detach anymore. I eventually got rid of the mount.

I have a new PK-AS, and it has the same style of locking clamp. My solution is to never remove it from the rifle. I hope that works.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.