AK Rifles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been searching around for the best way to remove import marks from a saiga (mainly the COCOA BEACH, FL one and the RAAC. I also want to re-do the selector markings), and have come up short. I see threads where other guys have done it, but I'm not 100% on the process... Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Saiga Import Mark Removal...

Norinco QBZ-95 said:
saigaman972 said:
any import markings gotta stay on there bud.
Can't an FFL07 relocate them?

I see....I thought the only one that HAD to be there was the serial number....So, the 'original re-configuration' of some rifles in these threads are not legit? I guess I was under the wrong impression, I apologize.

· Registered
1,651 Posts

All I've ever heard a prohibition on is moving or altering the serial #.

· Banned
8,107 Posts

i called them and asked. they said the serial is never to be touched!
the import marks could be altered in a repair but not removed.

i called because i had a fixed to u-folder receiver and the import marks where kinda drilled thru in the process. :wink:

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

turbothis said:
i called them and asked. they said the serial is never to be touched!
the import marks could be altered in a repair but not removed.

i called because i had a fixed to u-folder receiver and the import marks where kinda drilled thru in the process. :wink:

Hmmm...conveniently, this annoying marking is right where my triangle side folder is going to be.......Thanks for the heads up!

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

.....So what I gather is, you simply wire feed weld over the 'mark to be adjusted' and file/smooth it flush? Is there a better way, or is this just the standard? :flush:

· Registered
742 Posts
They can be removed. - I have a copy of an ATF letter in my binder.
Just do not touch the serial number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.