AK Rifles banner

Adjustable comb stock for WASR 10/63

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Jbird206 
#1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post so if this is misplaced feel free to tell me. I'm currently about to start a moderately long term parts upgrade on my Century Arms WASR 10/63. One of the first things I would like to do is replace the OEM stock with an adjustable AR style one. In conjunction with that I'm planning on either installing a 1913 railed top cover or quad rail to enable mounting a reflex sight. I'm interested in mounting one of EoTech's (like I said, fairly long term build, dang those things are pricey.) However it's apparent from reading forums that the height of the reflex sight inhibits a proper cheek weld with most stocks. I was wondering if to counteract that i could use a AK-AR converter and use an adjustable comb AR stock. The only one I saw on Brownells website is Magpul's PRS for $242. Looking at it I'm not even sure that raises the stock high enough. Also, that stock is definitly not designed for use with a reflex sight. I'd really appreciate any feedback on this matter. I have a feeling my train of thought is going in the wrong direction. It seems the general consensus is to use an Aimpoint micro and one of Ultimak's quad rails. Is that the direction I should head instead? And if it is, what kind of stock should i use? If I were to buy a non adjustable comb stock I would probably buy one of Magpul's CTR or STR models. Thanks for any information/ help you can give me. As you may have deduced this is also my first build/large upgrade I've done. I'm open to any suggestions.

See less See more
#2 ·
I suggest you shoot it and make your upgrades from there. The AK is a perfectly good rifle as it is.

While I can see your need to upgrade to a optic, the other tacticool crap I can't seen any advantage to other than looks. And even then, it doesn't look good at all.

The best advise I can give is leave the rifle alone, buy a scope mount that mounts on your scope rail, and ad the optic of your choice.

#3 ·
Yeah, few on this forum are big fans of inauthentic add ons for AKs. The design has been proven sufficient for a vast amount of military personnel around the world. Do not Americanize your AK, resist that marketing temptation. Wasr's have a side rail, utilize that for a mount and buy a western optic if you'd like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.