AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an opap,is the rear of the rifle where the stock attaches a straight or slant cut?Have the ace setup on a draco that I would like to swap out to the opap.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You just picked it up and you don't know? And then there is the form 1 issue, that should take months to get back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me exp;ain

You just picked it up and you don't know? And then there is the form 1 issue, that should take months to get back.
My draco was purchased 2 years ago.Instead of going thru the sbr paperwork,I installed a flash supresser that brought the bbl length legal to install the ace folding stock.I am retired law enforcement and its all legal. My original question was to ask if the opap I just purchased had a slant or straight rear trunion .

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
If it came with that ridiculous black stock or the fancy wood simulating a thumbhole, it'll be a slant cut under there. Should be a long (longer than military M70) bolt in the rear and one screw (flathead) in the bottom of the grip. You'll need an adapter of some sort to fit that M70 style block in the back to utilize the ACE style stock as it differs from the typical stamped AKM rear trunnion. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at message #7 in the ak picture thread...That ak looks exactly like mine.So I guess mine has the straight rear trunion.correct?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
You'll have to link me.... but either way it doesn't matter; if it's slant cut it just has a 45 degree notch taking out of the lower portion of the receiver and rear trunnion -- the mounting will be the same but the slant cut one will look goofy. You will need that ACE mount that fits into the yugo style rear trunnion (which differs from typical AKM receivers) in order to run an ACE style stock. Another guy was looking for one and I guess they were backordered to no end, perhaps he'll chime in on his results.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
The 3rd gen Opap rifles should all have a straight cut receiver. Apparently many people are finding lots of metal shavings in them so I would Gun Scrubber the thing till it all that stuff runs out into some type of container then clean and lube it like normal before shooting it. Also check your gas piston you won't see a pin in it but it should be welded onto the BC somewhere. If it wiggles a bit that's fine. Report back after you take it to the range.

(AKRBY) Ace Yugoslavian AK Receiver Block
ACE mount that fits into the yugo style rear trunnion

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just ordered the AKRBY receiver block.Will Ace's AKFX-FS folding stock just bolt on to that receiver block?

·
Registered
8,917 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Website says for use with all Ace Receiver Blocks.
I would take a look at this thread:
http://www.theakforum.net/forums/14...rms-ma-5100-triangle-stock-now-available.html

MA-5100 Triangle Stock

The Manticore triangle stock will bolt right on to your receiver block too and it's all steel not part plastic..
Although I elected to mount mine fixed and not fold I've been pleased with it.

The Manticore Triangle Stock and Stormwerkz hinge are actually aluminum and not steel, but yeah, they are all metal!

Sven
Manticore Arms

1 - 10 of 10 Posts