AK Rifles banner

AC Unity Mags - fail

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JeepFan 
#1 ·
Folks: No one is going to test the AC Unity mags for a VZ, so I did.

Fully loaded and dropped from over shoulder height - they survived one drop. On the second or third they cracked and after 5 both feedlips were cracked in the rear. They STILL held together, and likely would work for a while, but I wouldn't use them for anything serious.

I bit disappointing - but there it is. I was hoping for a better result. I've done it before with 20 rounds and they were OK.

(Of course I don't know if the Aluminum OEM will do this and I'm not trying).

#4 ·
Good info OP.

I have various foreign AK mags that are poly with no metal reinforcements along with the AC unity VZ-58 mags that have no metal reinforcements. I usually add them to my orders to make the best of shipping on my orders. Both of these types of mags are cheap and make good practice mags. I leave it to others to drop test or run them over with a truck. I do enjoy watching the vids though.

I don't own any Magpul AK or VZ mags, mostly because I have not found a reason to include them in an order. I use mostly Magpul mags in my 5.56, .308 ARs and love them. I also use Magpul mags in some of my long range bolt guns and am looking to pick up Magpul mags for my new Steyr AUG. I use Magpul Glock mags for rang work and don't care for them.

From my use, the AC-Unity VZ-58 mags function fine at the range. I would not trust them for serious work but they are cheap. I've never had any issues with the original aluminum mags in my VZ-58s or the VZ-58 builds I have in progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.