AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uniform. I ask as my son asked me to find out as he just traded for one from one of the Romy troops that is stationed with him in Iraq.

Anyone know what one is worth here in the states?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Hawk45 said:
uniform. I ask as my son asked me to find out as he just traded for one from one of the Romy troops that is stationed with him in Iraq.

No clue, but the Romanian AIMS-74 bayonets go for close to $200, so if you are looking to help him make some extra cash legally (it depends on his CO of course, some guys get bayos and mags no problem, others can't even bring back a pistol grip) then see if one of the soldiers will trade for theirs.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
...(it depends on his CO of course, some guys get bayos and mags no problem, others can't even bring back a pistol grip)
Bayonets are usually good-to-go as long as they have a scabbard when mailed. But it has nothing to do with his commanding officer. The rules and regulations regarding most things there fall under General Order #1 and disregarding it/them can make for very sad soldiers. Generally, it's up to the military postal unit where the item(s) are being mailed from, what was also included with the item(s), and whether or not the package is bothersome enough to the military Customs and postal folks conducting the inspections with the residue-sniffing dogs and x-rays. Sometimes Joe gets greedy with mailing stuff and his whole package, or at least all the scary contents (even military stuff OK to send back), gets confiscated. Enough of that has gone on that the Command has established the tough rules.

But something to keep in mind also - their (the Romanian soldiers') bayonets are probably still an issue item like their weapons. They may be accountable for them and unlike clothing which is expected to get worn/torn/replaced, the bayonets might be hard to get them to trade. I know the Ukranian soldiers I met a few times in Baghdad were uneasy about trading bakelite magazines

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Q-gunner2 said:
Hawk45 said:

No clue, but the Romanian AIMS-74 bayonets go for close to $200, so if you are looking to help him make some extra cash legally (it depends on his CO of course, some guys get bayos and mags no problem, others can't even bring back a pistol grip) then see if one of the soldiers will trade for theirs.
He is NOT looking at selling it as it is HIS souvineer of serving over there that he CAN bring back without any hassle. He was just curious as to what it might be worth and if he had paid too much for it. Got the pants, shirt, cap. heavy jacket and belt for $50. Main thing is they actually fit him so he can wear it if nothing else and will last MUCH longer than the uniforms (ACUs) we are issuing! I WILL tell him to try for one of the bayonets for Dad though. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts