AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all for getting my VEPR K complete with folding stock already installed but now i am reconsidering..
I have heard it said that a folding stock offers a less solid/stable platform for shooting/recoil.

My question is this... based upon what you can see in the picture on the robarms sight, does the folding stock look simple to install??

I am not a gunsmith, but i have tinkered with my colt (installed a ff tube) and i don't want to assume i can buy a VEPR K with regular stock and a folding stock from them and just install it no problem.

I know that no one yet has one of the folding stocks.... but as far as you can see, does it seem to be tricky????? what is the scoop?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i'm sure it won't be a big deal to install. the quality though- i'd wait for somebody else to give a report on that! the m96 was a stunning flop and i pity the guys who put money on an XCR. :bh:

G

·
0 Posts
I agree with mrmosh. It looks like an easy install, but I am afraid to order one yet. If there is a problem with it, we already know RA has horrible customer service. Imagine the nightmare of dealing with them for a return or refund.

·
Registered
84 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
...we already know RA has horrible customer service. Imagine the nightmare of dealing with them for a return or refund.

I dont know. my vepr came without a mag. I called them up and they sent one right out. granted its a promag, but I've had no problems with it so I suppose I cant really complain. I personally havent had a problem with them. they got me my rifle in a week and corrected the mag issue just as fast.

G

·
0 Posts
Nice to here that Atl. I am real tempted, but still just a little worried. It does look like a great stock.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do it and post pics and stories.

guinea pig err...That would be great if you let us know! :twisted:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am gonna wait for a year or so, Yeah the stocks might be "tight as a virgin on prom night" now, But what a bout a year of use, whats that gonna do to it? Sure, Its aircraft aluminum, But I have seen stuff made out of "Aircraft aluminum" that I wouldnt use to hold the trunk of my car open for fear of it falling on my head.......Hell, they may end up with a bunch of folding stocks and no VEPRs to put them on!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply guys....

I am going to go ahead and order my VEPR K with the skeleton stock, and then maybe do the folding stock down the line...

The only reason i was thinking about the folding stock in the first place was because i have kinda short arms and the stock on the VEPR looks kinda long.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like the way it looks, but at $199.99 I'm not certain if I'm all that thrilled about it.

And from the photos, I'm not to keen on the way it blocks access to the safety.

Too bad they didn't manufacture it as an underfolder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts