AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New family members.

First a preban AKS-762, all original config.

Next a ban model AKS-762 I snagged, "customized" (Before you start yelling about the Tapco grip, I want it on this one, it's comfortable, and it has grown on me) I know, I know, blasthemy!
Now if I could only find an underfolding bayo assembly for it (yeah, right)

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
My Poly is EXACTLY like that... only better :grin:.

Nice rifle, I love spikes and am obsessed with Chinese stuff for some reason.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
:allright:. I'm really liking those underfolding bayonets. I need one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want another one with a checkered pistolgrip. This one has the spring-loaded firing pin, but not the checkered pistolgrip.

It came with the box, cleaning kit, oil bottle, and 3 mags (not polytech chrome followers, damnit), but no sling.

What is the "correct" sling for this one? Typical OD canvas with leather tabby thing?

I love the spike bayonets, too. My Norinco SKS is my favorite SKS because of the spike bayonet.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
THS said:
)

What is the "correct" sling for this one? Typical OD canvas with leather tabby thing?
The Chinese one with 2 leather tabs. Those are one of my favorites as well! I have 2 stuffed in the back of the cave.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I gotta' tell ya', the more I fondle this thing, the more it is becoming my favorite AK. I can't get over the underfolding spike, the stock angle, and the overall quality of this thing. I always wanted one, now I want 2!

Can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Same thing I went through. I took that gun out of the safe 3-4 times a day for the first month after I got it, playing with the bayo and all.

I want:

-Polytech with underfolding stock and spike bayo

-Polytech with fixed stock but checkered grip and underfolding bayo

Spike obsession. I love the one I have now, so much so that I want to get it a brother and sister.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Q-gunner2 said:
Same thing I went through. I took that gun out of the safe 3-4 times a day for the first month after I got it, playing with the bayo and all.

I want:

-Polytech with underfolding stock and spike bayo

-Polytech with fixed stock but checkered grip and underfolding bayo

Spike obsession. I love the one I have now, so much so that I want to get it a brother and sister.

I could have wrote this, this is where I stand as well. They are awesome.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I have:

NORINCO paratrooper SKS with spike,
Chinese military SKS rifle with spike,
Polytech AK with spike,
MN M-44 with spike,
M-91/30 with spike.

All of my guns have spike bayos I love them, my SVT-40 technically takes a blade bayo but I do not have one for it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have:

(2) Norinco SKS with spike
(1) Polytech (above) with spike

Want:

Another Polytech with spike
Paratrooper SKS with spike
Polytech underfolder with spike

Sounds familiar, eh?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Great collectors think alike! :grin:

I got lucky on both SKS rifles. The Para was $180 with sling, scope mount, the original mount and red-dot scope; the rifle was $150. Both has excellent barrels, the rifle having extremely deep original blueing. Both had all matching numbers. The Poly was $695 OTD with one opened mag and one mag NIW, and with sling and leather padded carry case.

I am hoping my luck can carry on for a Poly underfolder at least...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I love my preban Chinese AKs altho I just traded one off. Heres my PolyTech 762 type 56.....gave a buddy $625.00 for it with 2 poly mags the box and sling. Ive since picked up another poly mag for it, I'll never let go of this one, its like brand new...................

·
Registered
336 Posts
THS

Beauty. I have its twin and love everything about it. The honey colored furniture is beautiful, and the fcg is better than any AK I've ever felt. Heft like a M1 - real soul.

Yours is an early import. Poly initially imported them with uncheckered grips and non-chrome followers, so your setup is authentic.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
What do the chrome followers look like? Are they flat out chrome, or blued on top of chrome?

I have both original mags and want to know if I have one of these supposedly rare mags.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't have a pic but the later Poly 7.62 mags have a follower that is metal
(like the earlier bued ones) but are heavy chrome plated. Function is identical and I'm not sure why the chrome follower mags are more sought
after. They have no rib on the back (like Norinco)

They really aren't that expensive. I picked up five new ones for a
$100 or so last year off of Gunborker.

Anyone, are the chrome follower mags considered rare now?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts