AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the BBT arrives tomorrow with some new tools, so I thought I'd get started on my next build. It probably will not be as flashy as most, and may not really qualify as a "build" project, but it's something I've wanted since these things first hit the market. I probably shouldn't be trying this for the first time with a mirror bore matching rifle, but I figure that if it all works out right, I don't want a crappy barreled one! :grin:

Here's where I've gotten so far:

The barrel vise & action wrench arrive tomorrow. I'm planning on modifying standard mauser wrench plates to fit the receiver. And this could be interesting, because I've never seen one in person - but what the heck right?

Anybody need a spare grenade launcher? :wink:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It always appeared to me that for the price of parts, one could buy a completely assembled SKS and be ahead of the game. Just currious where/ how you obtained a completely dissasembled SKS/ how much was the parts set? Looking forward to seeing this build!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have about the same project lined up, but using an SKS barrel in an AK trunion and receiver and a yugo sks stock with an AK pistol grip, I had the barreled action so I figured WTH....a wierd long barrel AK in a yugo stock....looks great man keep it up

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah, so whats up? where did you get an SKS kit?
I`ve had my mind on building an SKS in a custom configuration. J&G or someone has barreled receivers but when I started adding up the parts to build, the cost went way over a complete yugo SKS......

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bossman said:
Yeah, so whats up? where did you get an SKS kit?
I`ve had my mind on building an SKS in a custom configuration. J&G or someone has barreled receivers but when I started adding up the parts to build, the cost went way over a complete yugo SKS......
Oh that's not a kit...I tore it all down last night! :wink:

Barrel Press and Action wrench just arrived from Midway. Now I just need to grind it up to fit the SKS action and pull the barrel to complete the disassembly...

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
"Oh that's not a kit...I tore it all down last night!"

:mrgreen: Ha ha....Um.. Im confused

1 - 6 of 6 Posts