AK Rifles banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's remember our heroes who place their lives in danger everyday...assuring our freedom, democracy and safety. (Music is from the motion picture, "Blackhawk Down." I don't know the original composer).

Bud

http://media.putfile.com/Heros_0001

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

great video......god bless all that have been there and rest the souls that havn't returned

·
Registered
715 Posts
cruzie27 said:
brings back memories :sad:
+ a bunch.

(I still liked it over jungles...at least you could see a few yards...and..I have just hated ants since, FWIW...bwahahaha)

:roll: :roll: :grin: :grin:

ETA,..i think it was well done,...i'm just not ready yet
Hey, don't sweat it. Someday the "Perspective Fairy" will hit your head with her magic wand......after my first visit to a "Love-Fest" in my early 20's, I thought I had BTDT......little did I suspect that it was just a "Warm-Up" for things to come......but, in retrospect, I wouldn't change a thing.

Hang in there son. :wink: :wink: PM Me if you need to vent.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Very well done....Better than most I have seen. Sometimes I miss the sandbox...The comraderie, the action....Blowing stuff up....But most times I dont!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have a friend over there. It is his 3rd tour to Iraq and he did one tour if Afghanistan. He is Special Forces Air Force. He travels with the Army and Marine Ground Units. Steffie is the guy that calls in Air Support, He has the infrared Flashlight that lights up the targets for the Jets.

Here is a Favorite video of mine..... Until Then
http://www.soldierworks.com/#Until Then

Music by theBrigham Young University Choir

·
Registered
716 Posts
great movie, but too vivid too soon. fuck the sandbox. and i don't regret sayin that.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
thank you

Just want to say thank you. Im 20 years old and in the Army. Im TRYING VERY HARD to go to Iraq or Afghanistan. I just dont see why some guy with a wife and kid should be made to go because you know what? God forbid something happens to him, he has a wife and kid at home. Here I am 20 yrs old nothing to lose if God forbid something does happen. Just my 2 cents. Well anyways thank you for posting that video. I havent been there yet but watching videos like that really brings tears to my eyes. Just to see that people do really appreciate us. Thank you for your support guys. We couldnt do it without people like you. God Bless America.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Re: thank you

PinkPanther said:
Just want to say thank you. Im 20 years old and in the Army. Im TRYING VERY HARD to go to Iraq or Afghanistan. I just dont see why some guy with a wife and kid should be made to go because you know what? God forbid something happens to him, he has a wife and kid at home. Here I am 20 yrs old nothing to lose if God forbid something does happen. Just my 2 cents. Well anyways thank you for posting that video. I havent been there yet but watching videos like that really brings tears to my eyes. Just to see that people do really appreciate us. Thank you for your support guys. We couldnt do it without people like you. God Bless America.
Yea I know what you mean. When I was 20 I had a car payment and cell phone bill and that was it. It didn't matter if I left or not because there was nothing really to put a hold on back at home. It's a totally different story once you get settled in stateside, buy a house, and start trying to raise a family.

I almost went twice. The first time at the beginning of the war but the deployment was cancelled. The second time I was suppose to provide convoy security in the middle of where the heaviest shit was happening. They wouldn't let me go because of my injury. I couldn't stand with IBA and gear longer than 45min without alot of numbing pain. Alot of times I wish I had been able to go.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had my fill of that stuff. I have quite a few similar mpegs of IED's and controlled blasts, Iraqi dead people etc. I am glad I had the experiences that I've had but I sure as HELL do not want to do it again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts