AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine posted this on facebook a little bit ago and I thought I'd share it here.
give them a call, their phone number is 417-869-1447

Just wanted to let everyone on here know about my experience today at Gunsmoke Gun Gallery, 1828 E Division, Springfield, MO. I went in to this establishment today to purchase a 22 rifle and was refused service because I didn't have a man with me. The man behind the counter's words were, "send your husband in and let him buy it. I won't sell to you." I happen to be the person in my family who is knowledgable about guns and has a CCW. I hope the owner knows that his employees are heckling cash paying customers. I will never return to this business again and you can bet I will let everyone know how I was treated.

·
Super Moderator
26,331 Posts
Wow...what a load of horse shit! The dumbass behind the counter needs to be canned or reprimanded in some way.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My wife had this happen once, I would make an issue out of it with the owner.

She knew I was having trouble finding a particular rifle at my usual sources, she started calling around locally and found one so decided to surprise me with it. While filling out paperwork the guy started chit-chatting with her, she knows firearms well but nothing about this types history and such so when he asked about it she said she didn't know. He looked over the paperwork then said he didn't feel comfortable because she didn't know it's history and suggested it wasn't for her use and thus illegal, she informed him it was a gift for me. He tore the 4473 in half and said he couldn't do the sale and to bring back someone who knows what their talking about. She reached over, took the paperwork and pointed to the instructions for the 'actual buyer' question, she made it as far as her truck when he came out apologizing and saying he would be fine with the sale. She told him to piss off and we never bought a thing there again, he went out of business about two years later.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
This is terrible.

Over the years, my Mom bought guns alone and on her own both in Ohio and Colorado, and was only ever treated with the upmost courtesy and respect each time. .22 caliber pistol for her, and AK's she got me as presents. If the 2A is to survive, I believe we have to help everyone become educated about, safely train with, and make informed purchase choices of, whatever firearms they're interested in and meet their needs. Male or female, young or old, straight or gay, of whatever race/ethnicity/religion/background they may be.

If the old stereotypes about gun ownership and gun owners aren't abolished, then one day the 2A might be...

Reactions: nexus/mk.7

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
There have been times in years past that a couple of LGS had to be wary of setups. Unfortunately, a small percentile of folks are bound to be alienated.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Yep worried it was a girlfriend/wife doing a straw purchase...sad state of affairs but there you have it1

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Wow...what a load of horse shit! The dumbass behind the counter needs to be canned or reprimanded in some way.
Amen.

What a jackass. Way to support the 2nd amendment... :chair:

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Are they turning away all female customers like this? If so, sounds like they're opening themselves up to a discrimination lawsuit.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
I wouldn't think they'd have to worry about a Mo state CCL making a straw purchase.
Agreed! If she was buying for her husband and checked the "no" box on #11-a. that would have started an uproar. If not, that salesman is ignorant of MO/Federal law and disrespectful towards customers..send him down the road.

·
Registered
710 Posts
That is beyond retarded. Some of the best shots in the world are ladies. Past and present.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Just imagine if MSNBC got ahold of this story..

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There's more to the story than the OP is telling. I smell straw sale. As an employee of a LGS, from time to time we hear people telling us the gun is for a boyfriend, or something similar. As much as we'd love to sell the gun, we have to be mindful this could be a set up by the ATF. By the way, a man can buy a gun for his wife, son , daughter, etc. But I don't believe we're getting the whole story here. GARY

·
Registered
476 Posts
By the way, a man can buy a gun for his wife, son , daughter, etc.
A man or woman can purchase a firearm for ANYONE so long as it is a legitimate gift and the person is lawfully able to possess it.

·
Super Moderator
26,331 Posts
There's more to the story than the OP is telling. I smell straw sale. As an employee of a LGS, from time to time we hear people telling us the gun is for a boyfriend, or something similar. As much as we'd love to sell the gun, we have to be mindful this could be a set up by the ATF. By the way, a man can buy a gun for his wife, son , daughter, etc. But I don't believe we're getting the whole story here. GARY
I doubt it, as she has a CCW.

·
Banned
950 Posts
No offense but I watched a woman buy a Romanian MM 10 AK at my local gunshop, so I started up a conversation about AK's- she knew nothing about them. She just knew to ask for that specific rifle. I watched her hand it to some low life's in the parking lot as I was leaving.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts