AK Rifles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
952 Posts

· Registered
3,162 Posts
If you want a really good cheap red dot for your Ultimak I would suggest a Vortex SPARC. They have been getting very good reviews from people and I was very happy with my Strikefire.

Either of those will be great. The SPARC is better becuase it mounts low enough without having to buy another mount.

· Registered
35 Posts
another good one i've been running on my sks w/ forward rail is the bushnell trs 25. it's an aimpoint ripoff of the t-1/h-1 but it is surprisingly decent quality. the dot is every bit as defined as my aimpoint comp m2.

· Registered
309 Posts
big_johnson_92 said:
I plan on mounting it on a TGI Bulgarian AK-74. I like the idea of having some magnification. I can't afford the best, maybe $150 at the most. Does anyone have any experience with this Truglo?
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=643707
I use one of these on one of my Ruger .22 pistols and like it very much. A little bit of magnification is great for my old eyes. It's obvious when you look through it that it's not a high quality optic but I didn't pay a high price.

· Registered
2 Posts
I've got the Truglo 40mm 1X on my Romanian Underfolder w/Ultimak and I've thought about getting the 2X for my VZ.58.
Things I like:
-The large diameter tough looking tube.
-The price (40 bucks on Ebay).
-Simplicity of use.
-The fact that it hasn't failed (I hear about lots of out-of-the-box/early failures on lots of optics, in general).

Things I don't like:
-The red dot is a little bit "starry" and could be better defined.
-The mounting screws will work themselves loose unless you tighten the crap out of them (risky), or maybe use some
locktight or lockwashers (haven't tried either).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.