AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine got his Class 3 license a few months back, and invited some friends over for a weapons shoot, hog roast and beers. I finally got a chance to run several hundred rounds through an AK74 on FA to see at last how good the brake works...damn! Some of the other weapons he had to try out; and MP5, an Uzi, FA Glock, G3, an M16 and a few others. Here is a pic of the 74 I used:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us As soon as I figure out how to post the vid of the 74 on FA, I'll add it. From the prone, that weapon stayed right on target when the bursts were kept short. If you have never fired one, don't pass up the chance!

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
...I guess MY invitation must have gotten lost in the email system....

Yeah, the giggle switch is neat. Outside of the obvious, acquisition cost, food, etc, my big issue would be a lack of a place to shoot it. The fudds at my gun club would double crap! Not on a FA gun, but a commie gun to boot! It is a neat experience though.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
My experience with an AK set to FA was the same. Short bursts, 3 to 5 rds, right on target. Have not fired a FA 74 yet, but one is available next time we all get together. I left the range that evening
with a new appreciation for semi-auto and the accuracy that goes along with it. Looks like you had a wide variey to choose from. We all need a friend with a Class 3 and AK's to fully appreciate the
weapon and the extreme fire power it can yield in it's original configuration. Impressive!

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
:hail:

I fired a bunch of HK and M16 platform fullautos, but never an AK and of course never a 74. Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are two others I shot:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us The Uzi is fully transferrable, but I doubt I can scrape up the cash.:(

·
Super Moderator
26,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was...I shot for free, and there was a live band and good food later on. You just can't beat that!

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
I have a friend with a SOT/FFL07 who's offered to let me come try out his postie M92 and a Egyptian AKM. I'll head down with the video camera and post it up afterwards. I haven't shot one in FA in a few years and I'm looking forward to it. Could be just the bump I need to go and sell off a few things to purchase my first transferable FA NFA item...

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Giggle switch is a lot of fun until reality sets in and you realize how much ammo you just went thru
yep. That's why I hardly ever rent them. Hopefully I'll be able to buy one someday, but I'm not going to unless I can afford to feed it

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
That's why I'm considering a registered receiver UZI (vs a registered bolt gun). Toss in a .22LR conversion and have at it. While still not as cheap as it used to be.... a .22LR MG is about as fun as you're going to have on a budget these days within the NFA world...

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Very cool. The 74 is at the top of my list for FA shooting. It used to be the Colt 635 SMG, but I got to cross that one off the list two weeks ago during an out of state trip. Good times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts