AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
Look up "Operation Gladio" by Paul L. Williams. Read it. Absorb it. Then was you come across articles like the one you've linked to. You'll view them with a much more complete perspective. You will not waste your time on them.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Damn....

I like to think I am up to date on things, but this is the first I have read about this.

Tactically speaking it wasn't a bad initial idea. Tells me they didn't think much about their ability to stop the Soviets.

As usual, the best intentions get screwed up along the way.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look up "Operation Gladio" by Paul L. Williams. Read it. Absorb it. Then was you come across articles like the one you've linked to. You'll view them with a much more complete perspective. You will not waste your time on them.
All I wanted to know is whether the AKM rifles identified as "Iranian" were indeed so. I didn't want to hear about some conspiracy bunk.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
The furniture and gas tubes seem to match Iranian pattern, from what I can find on the net.

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
All I wanted to know is whether the AKM rifles identified as "Iranian" were indeed so. I didn't want to hear about some conspiracy bunk.
:roflmao:Sorry, I was paying attention to the actual content of the article you linked to instead of the superficial.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
If I remember right the Iranian RPG's we had in Iraq had some very nice ergonomic grips on them, like they were molded to your hand. The purist in me got a facial twitch from it but it damn they were nice!

·
Registered
421 Posts
So far as I am aware the Iranians make AKs from Chinese knock down kits and put some of their own furniture on them. They may produce them entirely domestically. They also make MG-3s, G-3s, Uzis, Type-79 Dragunov, RPG-7 (with a rather interesting and unique HEAT round that uses a crush-plate ogive instead of a piezo-electric crystal for detonation) and a number of other small arms (12.5, 14.5 and 20mm anti materiel rifles for example).

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
The outfit that produced the pamphlet looks pretty slick, but they should invest in Stottman’s AK books or The Grim Reaper.

Thar’s a full on Bulgarian military AK, not an “Sa93.”

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The furniture and gas tubes seem to match Iranian pattern, from what I can find on the net.
Yeah, but the receivers look to be standard Soviet/European AKM pattern as opposed to the Chinese, maybe they thought that the Chinese was too labor intensive?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or rather, the top one looked like it's trunnion rivet pattern was Soviet/European, while the bottom was Chinese. Could that be the case?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts