AK Rifles banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Funny this thread comes back up now

Yesterday I found this Kalashnicohn LLC on Insagram

Whoever this is it looks like they have the 9mm AK dialed in ...... iv not contacted them or know anymore than photos and videos iv seen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scammer Alert: Curtis Morris, Volk Armament, Username "MI"

Mods, please let me know if this isn't the right forum for this. I'm just trying to get the word out.

This may be old news to many here, sorry for the repetition if that's the case. This post is mainly for those who search up his name or company in an attempt to see if he's legit or not.

Long story short, he was advertising a 9mm AK build, delivered a few to members on another AK forum, then flaked on a whole bunch of people- myself included. I gave him every opportunity to make it right, but now it's been 13 months that he's had my $1250 and 4 months since I've heard a single word from him, so I'm making good on my promise to put his name on blast for everyone to know.

Here's the thread with the other folks who got screwed by him, page 8-9 is where everything starts going bad. Volk 9mm - Page 11 - The AK Files Forums

Keywords: Curtis Morris, Volk Armament

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used to own my own business, and my theory is when you take other people's money you better stay in contact til the job is done! If this is too much for you than maybe you shouldn't being running your own business.

I've never been in the gun business before but I read a lot of stuff like this and I also have another theory. If a gunmaker can't afford to build the gun first then collect the money before shipment I see 2 things wrong.

1. He might take your money and finish a previous customers build then put yours off til the next guy gives him money, which is what I believe happens most of time I read one of these posts. This happens all the time in the contractor/remodeling/construction business. Always robbing Peter to pay Paul. The problem here is we're not talking $12,000 to remodel a kitchen then get stiffed and go to court, we're talking around $2000 to build a gun and if he doesn't have the money to front the project then he shouldn't be trusted anyways.

2. If he doesn't have enough faith in his product to say " If this guy stiffs me I'm confident I can sell the gun to someone else" then to me that's a red flag that your paying too much.

I know a lot of time and effort goes into making custom guns but it's not life altering money, like let's say building a hotrod or a home then getting stiffed. We're having a huge problem in Indiana right now with these same issues in the "gunsmith" and taxidermy world. Lots of guys robbing Peter to pay Paul because of alcohol,drugs, or just pain carelessness with managing their personal finances either way you don't want to give these kind of people your money. There's a reason it's sink or swim in the small business world, you can either manage your shit or you can't!

161 - 163 of 163 Posts