AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm in the process of uploading my 9mm AK build videos. I had to back up during the build and set the barrel back as close as I could get it to the magwell, so the video didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked. Anyhow, other people can see what I did and improve on the work, thats the idea. I used Soumi mags and if I had to do it over again I'd use Sterling mags and a sterling magwell. I'm not the first to build a 9mm ak, so these aren't a "how to" but rather a "how I did it". Hopefully you'll be able to learn something useful form the vids.

Here is parts 1 and 2, I'm uploading part 3 as we speak.

part 2

Part 3

Parts 4 and 5 will be uploaded tomorrow and the next day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey guys, I'm in the process of uploading my 9mm AK build videos. I had to back up during the build and set the barrel back as close as I could get it to the magwell, so the video didn't turn out as well as I'd have liked. Anyhow, other people can see what I did and improve on the work, thats the idea. I used Soumi mags and if I had to do it over again I'd use Sterling mags and a sterling magwell. I'm not the first to build a 9mm ak, so these aren't a "how to" but rather a "how I did it". Hopefully you'll be able to learn something useful form the vids.

Here is parts 1 and 2, I'm uploading part 3 as we speak.

part 2

Part 3

Parts 4 and 5 will be uploaded tomorrow and the next day.
Very nice! I used a Sterling setup myself.
If you have any questions, please contact Joe at King Armory.

Test video.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! I used a Sterling setup myself.
If you have any questions, please contact Joe at King Armory.

Test video.
I saw several threads where you guys were working on producing a kit earlier this year. I was actually hoping to buy your kit and show everyone how to make a 9mm from that, but used the money I had for the project on the current 9mm AK, when production of your kits were delayed. I had really wanted to use your setup, and I think it would have been more reliable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I saw several threads where you guys were working on producing a kit earlier this year. I was actually hoping to buy your kit and show everyone how to make a 9mm from that, but used the money I had for the project on the current 9mm AK, when production of your kits were delayed. I had really wanted to use your setup, and I think it would have been more reliable.
Sorry, but the cost of bringing two products to market at the same time just wasn't cost effective for us.
We talked about it and decided to do Joe's KA-AR28 High-Reliability magazine for 5.45x39 AR-15 rifles first.
We are still planning to produce this. Any production questions should be addressed to King Armory for a release date.
I just designed and did the R and D work. Production is not my field.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, but the cost of bringing two products to market at the same time just wasn't cost effective for us.
We talked about it and decided to do Joe's KA-AR28 High-Reliability magazine for 5.45x39 AR-15 rifles first.
We are still planning to produce this. Any production questions should be addressed to King Armory for a release date.
I just designed and did the R and D work. Production is not my field.
I completely understand! I'm patiently looking forward to seeing the finished product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts