AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the WASR 10/63 be 922r compliant? which parts on a standard one are imported and which ones are not? And then my next question is i have a century arms bulgy 74 that i want to replace the furniture on with imported stuff, would that be a no no? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Normal US parts on the WASR are a Tapco FCG and gas piston, a Century pistol grip and slant brake or muzzle nut

Not sure what parts with the Bulgy

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
If you replace the furniture (3 parts) with the original ones, you will need to add 3 US made parts elsewhere on the gun.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
pflug said:
Normal US parts on the WASR are a Tapco FCG and gas piston, a Century pistol grip and slant brake or muzzle nut
If the rifle was delivered by Century with the muzzle device tack welded to the barrel it is imported.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The worksheet above is great. in general on an imported gun that is already 922r compliant and in military config if you are replacing a foreign made part with a foreign made part you are good to go. I prefer to identify the us made parts so I can figure out what kind of mags I can legally use on a gun. Some cheapo's will sell a 922r sporter with only a fire control group and a us mag. Fully legal until you swap it our for a reliable combock mag. then you have have 13 foreign parts which is not compliant to 922r. So first identify what us parts you have. if the muzzle nut is tack welded it is likely and imported barre but also reduces your count requirement to as you no longer have a muzzle device so you would only be required to have 5 use made parts since it is now part of the barrel reducing the parts count to 15 from 16 total parts.

·
Technical Advisor
15,718 Posts
If the Century AK74 has a TAPCO FCG (3 parts), US receiver (1 part), US barrel (1part)., you can add a US piston or a pistol grip or a magazine follower or floorplate for US part #6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts