·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
My thoughts on it are mixed.

I would agree that an armed person would help, I wonder if some cases it could have a tragic end.

Allot of mass shootings happen, there are reports of "multiple gunmen"... Fort Hood, there were rumors of 2-3......In other words, its very confusing....When police are looking for multiple gunmen, is being a "regular guy" with a gun, the best idea? Same goes for the victims...... In such a situation, just think of what could happen if two people pulled their gun...

Yeah like thoughtful gun owners didn't already know this but it apparently takes some people more time to grasp reality.

Newtown-type mass shootings tripled in recent years: report - Washington Times

And there's this nice article on the life of our AK Grandfather:
TORSHIN: Kalashnikov, the man and the weapon

View attachment 2146 View attachment 2147

TORSHIN: Kalashnikov, the man and the weapon - Washington Times

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evil and or mad criminals are in their heart of hearts puny cowards. They'll stop their carnage if confronted by an armed bystander (aka first responder) or quickly claim victory by killing themselves. All this can happen in just a very few minutes, well before police arrive on the scene.

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Evil and or mad criminals are in their heart of hearts puny cowards. They'll stop their carnage if confronted by an armed bystander (aka first responder) or quickly claim victory by killing themselves. All this can happen in just a very few minutes, well before police arrive on the scene.
Some will, some wont.

Hassan for example, was shot by the Post Police..... That was after he shot the first responders.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some will, some wont.

Hassan for example, was shot by the Post Police..... That was after he shot the first responders.
It is my understanding all his targets were forbidden arms, i.e., they coundn't carry their protection on their person while on base.

He was not questioned or looked into because of political correctness and the military's fear of progressive politicians slapping their hands for targeting a preferred religious minority. This man was no doubt poisoning the minds of his patients suffering from PTSD as part of his personal jihad campaign before he pulled out his FN 5.7.

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
It is my understanding all his targets were forbidden arms, i.e., they coundn't carry their protection on their person while on base.

He was not questioned or looked into because of political correctness and the military's fear of progressive politicians slapping their hands for targeting a preferred religious minority. This man was no doubt poisoning the minds of his patients suffering from PTSD as part of his personal jihad campaign before he pulled out his FN 5.7.
He was also in uniform. So having armed soldiers might not have helped. Imagine scared PVT Snuffy with a pistol, looking for the other guy in uniform with a pistol. Now add allot more into the mix.

I was at Hood at the time. There were rumors flying around about 2-3 gunmen, even different locations..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts