AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is somewhat a rare bird i broke out today and ran a few mags through , decided to snap a few pics , probably should have done so after a good cleaning , been a while since it seen any action , a Norinco 86S factory 56 ,i think less than 2 k made it in , i purchased new in 89 as a discharge out of the Navy present to myself (only reason i can remember) i had several other AK's when i got out but this is the only one that survived the cut each time i hit a rough patch

up until i got into the Navy i had only owned .22's and shotguns , my room mate was from Kentucky and his folks owned a small gunshop , so he introduced me to a whole world of firearms , he in fact laughed at me for wanting to buy it the day i purchased it

all the accessories except the bayo have been long lost , most didnt make the purge when moving back to the east coast from the west coast , at the time had no idea they would add value later in life

the fore grip is attached and folds up , it is wood , not bakelite , the muzzle device has slots in it that serve as wire cutters , just grab the rifle , shove the wire in the muzzle device slots and squeeze the trigger and let the bullet do the rest , perfect shot every time , black bakelite pistol grip , and probably the only Chicom that has Peep sights, (someone correct me if i am wrong regarding peep sights) , they came with 2 styles of charging handles that are in the carry handle like the early AR's , a straight charging handle and a curved sorta like a trigger , never found out which/or if one is more rare than the other , if someone knows let me know , cleaning kit is attached to the butt , this rifle is surprisingly acurate

Wood Wheel Rolling Track Plank

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper Automotive exterior
Wood Air gun Trigger Hardwood Shotgun
Wood Gas Cylinder Tints and shades Auto part
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Air gun Wood Trigger Machine gun Shotgun
Wood Wood stain Plank Flooring Hardwood

·
Registered
352 Posts
Oh I want one of those...Ok, wedding is on the table....first, let me fondle the 86s first.....

....might trade my 56s-2 NIB ....

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I want one of those...Ok, wedding is on the table....first, let me fondle the 86s first.....

....might trade my 56s-2 NIB ....
LMAO !!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was one that i tracked on GB that went for over 5k last winter , he had the box and accessories , condition was the same

Reactions: Judi and scottyb

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,566 Posts
Rifle enjoyed a short lived fame when included in an Andy Sadaris film.

Don't blink or you will miss it

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there were guns in that promo?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, look for Eric Estrada.

He is shooting/holding it.
i was being a smart ass because of all the knockers bouncing around , i counted i think 3 appearances of it

i am certain that mag is one of the originals that came with it ,i do not recall buying chinese 20's , i remember buying tanker mags when they were cheap but not any chinese i think it came with 2 ,but that was a lifetime ago so there is a good chance there is another packed away somewhere , i will find it while tracking down something else some day

Reactions: gonogo and scottyb

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AK bullpups just look sexy. I wish there were more conversion kits for making a normal rifle into a bullpup.
i think that would be tough , they kept the barrel length the same , used the same bolt and carrier , but flopped the FCG and the magwell , not sure if this was to get around SBR or for keeping the weapon balanced , placing the added weight of a loaded mag back closer to the shooter definitely helps with control with such a short package

they linked the trigger and sear by a metal wire that feeds along the side of the receiver ,its out of the way but still in my opinion adds a weak link , a part that can break , i shot the rifle a good bit early on but maybe average a couple mags a year for the last 20 years or more

Bumper Office equipment Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas
Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Automotive exterior Bicycle part
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Reactions: gonogo and scottyb

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Nice rifle you have there, thanks for sharing.

I enjoy taking mine to the range. As you have said it is very accurate. In my use it just takes a few rounds downrange to figure out how it likes to be held, and then watch the smile grow.

Along with my shooter I have a safe queen, still in the bag in the box with all the accessories. I doubt that you could pry that one from my cold dead hands! :D

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ive had mine for almost 33 years now , no idea how many rounds anymore , not that i ever kept track , just worried i would break something that would render it a paper weight so she doesnt get much play anymore

nice collection there

Reactions: gonogo
1 - 16 of 16 Posts