AK Rifles banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up the other day was wondering if anyone has seen this before. It is the first one I have seen.
[/url]

·
Registered
153 Posts
Looks great!

Is the buttstock standard length or slightly elongated? Kinda hard to tell from the pics (but it appears to be standard length). The 84s3a's had black plastic with "Americanized" buttstocks and also incorporated the curved pistol grip to the best of my knowledge. The pistol grip seems to fit the box properly, the curved unit would likely fit but they're substancially shorter than standard.

Super find if it's original, I bought a red folder set for one of my NHM 5.56's I parted with. Not sure if I miss the gun more than the furniture or 40 round mag that went with it.

In answer to your question, yours would be the first red 5.56 Norinco I've seen. I'd be kool with it even modified/altered if I didn't pay extra.

Very nice. :cool:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it has a standard buttstock. I have a 84S-3a which the americanized
one, this is smaller. I found this on an auction site. It was dress in a ace
sidefolder with a set of black poly furniture from ace for chinese ak's.
Behind in the box was the original furniture and appear to be red bakelite.
I asked him to send me pics. of it and it was red. I would have not seen
it if I hadn't look closely, you know photo's can be real hard to tell. I paid
1050.00 for it. It start at 900.00 with a buy now at 1050.00. So as soon as I saw the furniture I hit the panic butom. If I can find the bid # I post it.

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
F'ing nice.

You did good.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I was going to buy one similar to yours. It didn't have the reddish hue on the furniture though.

That is one nice rifle brother! Great find! Congratulations and enjoy it. Let us know how she shoots!

Bud

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah, that was how the .223 that came with sythetic furniture looks.

The 7.62x39mm version looked identical -but was black. Some were interchanged by dealers -I did so once.

They are now uncommon. The BAD NEWS is that there is little space in the lower handguard, and, no heat shield liner -they get hot fast, as in too hot after a couple quick mags thru the gun.

Lollygagger :neutral: (shoot with a oven mit)

·
Registered
344 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts