AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all......

How interchangeable are 84s (underfolder) parts with other ak-types?

I'm thinking specifically of the stock and gas tube. With other rifles' bayonets work?

·
Registered
847 Posts
ETA: I didn't notice you were talking about a folder. IDK about the folding stock.

You need to slim down Euro stocks to fit Chinese guns. The Chinese receiver has a smaller inner dimension where the stock goes, so you have to take a little off the sides/top/bottom of the part of the stock that actually fits inside the rifle. It's only a couple mm's, so it's simple to get them to fit right. The 84s stock is the same as the 7.62mm Chinese guns. So a non-Chinese stock won't fit as is, but it's nothing complicated to get them to fit.

I dunno about the gas tube. I've used a US made piston in a .223 Mak-90 I debanned back in the day. I assume the gas tube is the same as a 7.62 gun since a standard piston fit and worked fine.

Internals are the same for the trigger group, springs, safety etc.

I don't know about the bayonet. I'm pretty sure it's 84 specific. I had an 84 that had the bayo, and frankly I never bothered messing with it, so I just don't know. It seemed to me to be different though. The 84 flash suppressor was slimmer IIRC and I'm pretty sure the ring size is different than the bayonet for a 7.62 gun.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
Maxmanta, what are you trying to do? If I had an 84S underfolder, I wouldn't mess with it at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maxmanta, what are you trying to do? If I had an 84S underfolder, I wouldn't mess with it at all.
I was thinking of replacing it with a folder that extends straight back instead of at a down angle.

·
Registered
6,521 Posts
Whatever you do, don't do anything that's permanent and can't be undone. Underfolders are not my favorite type of stock either, but you have a collectors piece. Don't do anything to damage its value.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts