AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with a Primary Weapons Systems J-Tac47 or FSC47 (preferably both) on a 7.62 AK?

J-Tac:

FSC47:

Which is better at reducing recoil, i.e., which will allow you to get back on target faster when firing doubles?

I'm not worried about flash suppression or noise, just looking for which one does a better job of reducing recoil for an SBR (11-12" bbl) project I'm about to start.

Thanks,
Sean

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 7.62X39 Muzzle Brake: Which is Better? PWS J-Tac47 or FS

Sean K. said:
Anyone have experience with a Primary Weapons Systems J-Tac47 or FSC47 (preferably both) on a 7.62 AK?

J-Tac:

FSC47:

Which is better at reducing recoil, i.e., which will allow you to get back on target faster when firing doubles?

I'm not worried about flash suppression or noise, just looking for which one does a better job of reducing recoil for an SBR (11-12" bbl) project I'm about to start.

Thanks,
Sean

From PWS's Site:

"This unit has all of the compensation of the standard DNTC compensator and more compensation than the J-Tac47 now combined with enough flash suppression to keep the flash out of your optics and line of sight."

What I don't know is if that's just marketing hype to get you to spend another $30 or so.

I don't understand the science behind the gas ports, but it just appears to me that the FSC is designed more for looks and flash suppression (with the tines) than recoil reduction due to the openness of the "two" ports before the baffle. However, that said, (and prefaced with me admitting I don't know the science) maybe the larger opening, coupled with the semi-baffle in between is more efficient at reducing recoil....

That's why I'm asking... :wink:

Sean

· Registered
2,501 Posts

I have a FSC47 on an NFA FNC. It works well and keeps the muzzle rise down on FA. I find that it is a great addition to the rifle. I cant wait to get more for my SEmi guns.

· Registered
2,091 Posts

I tried the PWS on a guys AK, the blast felt like it turned my eyelids inside out. It did not feel like it reduced the recoil, but it sure enhanced the muzzle blast.

· Registered
170 Posts

I've used the JTAC for several years now, it works as advertised. I don't really notice any increased blast effects, (i.e. fireball) but alot of that boils down to the ammo in most cases from what I've researched here.(typically been using Barnaul Brown Bear ammo at the range) I do suspect anyone standing immediately to the left or right(where the JTAC vents are directed) will definately get an earfull though. :grin: I can only suspect the recoil reducing performance and flash-hiding ablities of the FSC47 is even better.

· Registered
1,370 Posts

the one that reduces some recoil,muzzle climb,doesn't throw the rifle off balance AND you can still mount a bayonet,...oops,you can't do that with these.

· Registered
1,773 Posts

10auto said:
I have fired the 556 version of the FSC47 (FSC556) and even though the 556 doesnt have much recoil to begin with, the rifle almost doesnt move. Its loud, but it works.

This looks interesting. Then again, this guy is not exactly small:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2IIDK5ke3c
That's the owner of the company (in the video). Nice guy, went on a Texas pig hunt earlier this year and he was there - just can't remember his name though... +1 on the Comps abilities, but it is loud as hell if you're off to the side.

· Registered
170 Posts

grayparatrooper said:
what is that or ring for?
It's a rubber crush washer, to allow the JTAC/FSC47/FSC556 to seat completely on the muzzle/muzzle threads for the front sight indention pin to lock the muzzle device securely into place without any space between the muzzle device and the front sight face.

Not all AK's have the front sight indention pin though... See the little pin sticking out of the front sight locking the flash hider into place? It's got a little spring behind it. You press it in in order to remove or lock the muzzle device onto the muzzle threads.

· Banned
16,199 Posts

All those commercial muzzle attachments remind me of the exhaust tips that I see on the Dodge Neons and Chevy Barettas. Somebody is making a living off them but not sure what they really do for the $$. But that is just me,.

· Registered
3,582 Posts

What about putting on an 24mm adapter, and using a 74 style brake ?

· Registered
170 Posts

AKBLUE said:
All those commercial muzzle attachments remind me of the exhaust tips that I see on the Dodge Neons and Chevy Barettas. Somebody is making a living off them but not sure what they really do for the $$. But that is just me,.
But unlike "fart cans", these PWS muzzlebreaks/flash hiders actually serve a useful purpose on an AK and they work as advertised, as do some other aftermarket AK/AR muzzle solutions. PWS's live-recorded footage/examples of them in action on their website should be enough to convince most of thier product's abilities I would think... My personal suggestion though is not knock it until you've tried it. :wave:

· Registered
129 Posts

I have the FSC47 and really like it. I have never used the Jtac but I called Primary Weapons before I purchased the brake. They said that the FSC47 makes the Jtac feel like it is not even working. So their opinion was that the FSC47 was MUCH better. That was good enough for me.

jrmock

· Registered
2,501 Posts

i have used a J-Tac47 for years on my T-56 AKS and it does work. the muzzle climb and recoil reduction is noticable.

-matt

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.