AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard would it be to do an AK "SMG" in 7.62x25mm, using PPS43 or PPsH41 magazines? I was thinking using a Romy G kit for the parts behind the barrel, RPK bulged trunion, and then possibly a PPSH barrel? But how would one make it a blow-back gun? And what modifications would have to be done to the bolt/carrier?

The gun that gave me the idea for this is this one. I know it's been done before, but I can't remember who did it or how. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's just sexy.

Brandon
MGS

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
There is a ton of info on gunco and gunsnet for pistol caliber AK conversions. I have been kicking the idea around for sometime myself.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Where did you steal that pic from? That is one of the best looking short AK's I have seen. I really dig the 'rode hard, put up wet' look too!

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Dawg180 said:
Where did you steal that pic from? That is one of the best looking short AK's I have seen. I really dig the 'rode hard, put up wet' look too!
Hell yeah, I have a kid I would trade for that. :grin: Hell maybe 2 as long as I could still claim them on my taxes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
but unfortunately, most wont be building one "just like" that.

unless the heller decision REALLY starts shaking things up!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
deth502 said:
but unfortunately, most wont be building one "just like" that.

unless the heller decision REALLY starts shaking things up!!
yep! third pin vodoo. damn nice though. :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts