AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
That deal has been going on for at least two years that I am aware of. I have been picking up a case or two every time I order just to fill out the $500 minimum for free shipping.

As has been mentioned before, if you are picky about your ammo then don't buy this stuff. Many/most will have cracked necks from the factory. Pretty much all will have cracked necks after you shoot them. However, I have yet to have one not go bang when i pulled the trigger on my CZ-52.

At some point I expect that they will raise the price just because the cost of shipping has gone through the roof.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what's the best deal going on 7.62x25 surplus that doesn't have those kinds of problems? I see that AIM has Romanian and Czech, but I'm new to this caliber so I don't yet have a sense for what's good and what's not.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i've never had a problem with the romy stuff in my cz52.

·
Registered
754 Posts
i have not had any problem with a lot of the bulgarian going through my TT-33's, i actually have more problems with with the romanian from 1982 than the Bulgarian from 1954, the earlier bulgarian (like 51 and 52) beat up a Cz-52 i used to have, but then again so did factory new S&B!

What year is the bulgarian that century is selling now? is the paper packing pink or blue?

BTW the stuff linked above is the same that AIM had for $59 a tin for about two days untill they sold out, luckily or sadly, however you look at it, i cought the tail end of it and got one tin.

·
Registered
353 Posts
LeibstandarteAdH said:
i have not had any problem with a lot of the bulgarian going through my TT-33's, i actually have more problems with with the romanian from 1982 than the Bulgarian from 1954, the earlier bulgarian (like 51 and 52) beat up a Cz-52 i used to have, but then again so did factory new S&B!
I've read that the CZ-52 can handle these hot loads without trouble. I just bought a '52 from a board member yesterday so I need to order something. The Century deal is appealing, but at these prices I don't mind paying a few cents more per round if it means treating the gun better. Sounds like it'll eat just about anything though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
sourceofuncertainty said:
LeibstandarteAdH said:
I've read that the CZ-52 can handle these hot loads without trouble. I just bought a '52 from a board member yesterday so I need to order something. The Century deal is appealing, but at these prices I don't mind paying a few cents more per round if it means treating the gun better. Sounds like it'll eat just about anything though.
Thats a myth (that Cz-52's can take loads that TT-33's cant) a steady diet of the early bulgarian crushed a roller on my Cz-52, and has busted the chambers on some wide open. TT-33's are much stronger. Im not saying that the bulgarian stuff will bust your 52, but i would inspect the rollers and locking piece for piening/flat spots and stuff after every shooting session. mine held up a long while after i replaced the left roller that turned into a D shape. Also none of the 7.62x25 loadings are very much diffrent from one another at all, as in if something out there busts a Cz-52, it did it via a small margin.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Incidentally, I got to the range today and ran a box of the 1982 Romanian through the CZ-52. Flawless function other than one minor feed hangup when loading a fresh mag. That ramp looks like it could use to be smoothed out a little, but I'll refrain from modding an otherwise stock historical gun.

Interestingly, about 1/4 to 1/3 of the spent brass had split case necks. So I guess that problem isn't limited to the Bulgy brass. Still, all rounds went boom and shot to point of aim, so I ain't complaining.

It seems like if the Romanian 7.62x25 has this much trouble with split brass, maybe the cheaper Bulgy isn't such a bad idea. I may have to pick up a tin to try it out. There, now I'm back on topic. :grin:

Fun gun, BTW. Wish I'd bought a couple back when they were $120 or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts