AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone point me in the right direction for correct receiver options to complete my 68' Izzy kit from Rguns? I'm not trying to start a debate, but from what I have read Recreator is the most accurate with Childers being a close second. My goal is to build a shooter but figured that I might as well make it as correct as possible. I am looking for a 80% receiver at the moment just to sit on. I have no plans build this kit in the immediate future or at least until I move states.

Seems like I have three options:
recreator ak47
recreator khyber pass custom
childers ak47 polish stamping

Which one of these would be best and what are the correct drop down menu options to choose from?

I currently have the 68' Izzy Kit, a Polish Radom barrel, some steel Bulgarian mags and Russian paint. Anything else that I am missing. Rivets? Recommendations on jigs/tools are also welcome.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a Polish AKM and Hungarian AKM-63 on Recreators and I like them a bit better than my East German MPi-KM on a Childers. The Childers is a nice receiver as well, but Recreator changes the embossing by country, and arsenal for Russian. Now if you want one sooner get a Childers. Recreator is apparently way behind. I sent a receiver in to get fixed over a year ago and I can't even get ahold of Matt and I'm getting pissed off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Interesting. Good to know about the delay. But like I said I'm in no rush to build and plan on sitting on the receiver. I may even decide to send it to a builder once I move to a different state. I just want to have something incase some more bans happen. I guess the real question is, if I go the recreator route buy I need to do the custom Khyber Pass receiver or will the stocked Russian ak47 work for correctness. What would the options be that I need to select for the Childers/Custom Recreator. I have read that you may want to do the etchings on you own as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Honestly you might wait just as long if you go with a Childers custom. I’ve had to wait for Recreators a little longer than I care for but their work is really outstanding and they know what they’re doing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a Polish AKM and Hungarian AKM-63 on Recreators and I like them a bit better than my East German MPi-KM on a Childers. The Childers is a nice receiver as well, but Recreator changes the embossing by country, and arsenal for Russian. Now if you want one sooner get a Childers. Recreator is apparently way behind. I sent a receiver in to get fixed over a year ago and I can't even get ahold of Matt and I'm getting pissed off.
They have a new contact email on the website,
Matt’s old email is no longer being used I believe.
Waiting just sucks all around! I think Childers is backed up too

·
Registered
250 Posts
ReCreator Russian is good for an Izzy if you like the look of their selector markings. ReCreator custom, leave off the selector markings and get Weaponmark Izzy stencils. That will give you the correct mag dimple and embossments and nicer selector markings. Childers makes a great receiver also. Some like his spot welds better. Any of your choices are good, it all depends on how particular you want to be and what looks best to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts