AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a nice 56s-1 with box and all accessories for sale/trade but it has had a scope mount added to the side of it.its held in with hex head bolts .how much does this hurt value if gun?

·
Premium Member
13,069 Posts
Might be great as a shooter, but with the U & L hand guards and FCG changed out, probably not one for a collector. Tacticool is not recommended for rare and valuable AK's. Kills value!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Please don't trade. Yours appears untouched (unmodified), and he has ruined the value of his by putting that tapco crap on. If you want an underfolder that's legit, I'm sure you can find someone to trade with. Tell your friend he is an idiot :)

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
As stated above, the value is hurt by the scope being mounted on it. No matter what you do, the value will always be less than an unmolested one.

·
Technical Advisor
15,518 Posts
Worth a bit less that yours. The scope is worth close to $200.
Generally underfolders are not friendly to underfolder stocks and are almost never scoped except a few Polish models.. I'm not sure that underfolder stock will fold and lock closed even with the scope removed as the rail might be in the way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts