AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
That engraved lower handguard is crazy. I wonder what the story on that is? I have seen a similar gun out of NY for sale on GB for a couple of years now and I wonder if it is the same one. The one I saw before had the sight shroud cut off as well, but not the crazy handguard.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Got no problem with .223. I prefer it to 5.45. Mags may be a problem, being a Polytech. Are the FSBs actually cut, or are they open like other Polys?

·
Registered
841 Posts
That engraved lower handguard is crazy. I wonder what the story on that is? I have seen a similar gun out of NY for sale on GB for a couple of years now and I wonder if it is the same one. The one I saw before had the sight shroud cut off as well, but not the crazy handguard.

That may have been mine you are speaking of, i had it listed for awhile but eventually sold it a year or so to a CT dealer....... the front site on mine was clipped by the last owner who was a older gentleman and went with a top mounted scope set up...

·
Registered
841 Posts
All i will say is this seller is pretty famous in the WW2 Japanese Arisaka market and has been known to remark/stamp his Guns....

Those marking with the 56-6 look wrong/silly.....

Ive have and had a few of these .223 RPK's and most of the early ones never had importer markings or model designations....

Joezeta

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dreadful lower hand guard.

Joe, I bet you have some old pics of yours. I remember it on GB...Had a Chinese flag (I assume) underneath the rifle...Are serials the same?

Scrawled writing is interesting in view of seller's history of re-marking...

·
Registered
841 Posts

Joe, I bet you have some old pics of yours. I remember it on GB...Had a Chinese flag (I assume) underneath the rifle...Are serials the same?

That one was not mine, mine never had the 416 code......, Good memory,.,,Russian flag actually...I still use it daily for my eBay auctions.

That hand guard is funky for sure,,,looking close...it may just be a piece added over the existing handguard......maybe a makeshift heat shield ?

either way, easy to replace

·
Registered
841 Posts
Does any kind of non Chinese ak .223 mag work in these poly tech rpks?
I Have Weiger Mags that were modded to fit and function....... also i heard - but never tried Bulgy .223 Mags may work..... i know from years ago, i believe Valmet mags would work, but those are probably more expensive that the chinese...

·
Registered
864 Posts
I know in the Norincos, Bulgy, Romanian, and EG Weigers work with a ramping of the chamber. I don't know on the Polys. They used a different mag than the Norinco.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

What do you mean with the "seller's history of re-marking"...?

·
Registered
841 Posts
What do you mean with the "seller's history of re-marking"...?

In the World of Collecting Japanese Arisakas , it is well known......if you frequent GUNBOARDS forums , specifically FIREARMS OF THE RISING SUN - JAPANESE Boards...... there are litterally Dozens upon Dozens of Examples pointing out his re-marked / messed with Arisaka examples........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts