AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What magazines work in what rifles? I have heard that the Chinese magazines are unique to Chinese AK rifles, but will Polish Beryl, East German Wenger, and Bulgarian circle 10 mags interchange?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
What magazines work in what rifles? I have heard that the Chinese magazines are unique to Chinese AK rifles, but will Polish Beryl, East German Wenger, and Bulgarian circle 10 mags interchange?
Chinese mags are proprietary. Norinco mags work only in Norinco guns and Polytech mags only work in Polytech guns.

Polish Beryl, Bulgarian circle 10, and Russian mags are interchangeable with Polish, Bulgy, and Russian 5.56 guns.

East German Weiger and Romanian mags fit East German and Romanian rifles.

Yugo 5.56 mags are proprietary too. Although I believe you can modify a Bulgarian Circle 10 mag to fit a Yugo AK.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at options for an Arsenal SLR106. From what I have seen, Circle 10's and Beryl mags are about the same price - was hoping to find something less expensive to buy a quantity of!

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have a Yugo M90 built on an NDS receiver,a new M85 PAP, and a Norinco MAK90 .223 built on a Global receiver. I have used Yugo, Romy, Bulgy, and Weiger mags in my M90. I use Romy, Bulgy, and Weiger mags in the MAK90 after ramping the chamber entrance. In the M85, I had to thin the top of the rear latch tab on the mag and remove some material under the ejector on the left mag lip so the mag would lock in. Once modified and locked in, the non-Yugos cycled fine by hand, but I haven't shot it with the mags yet.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Looking at options for an Arsenal SLR106. From what I have seen, Circle 10's and Beryl mags are about the same price - was hoping to find something less expensive to buy a quantity of!
Test fired my 223 VEPR RPK a week or so ago. Ran flawless with a clear Circle 10 mag, Beryl mag, and the came with the gun ProMag mag. Wouldn't randomly throw the loaded ProMag on concrete but seemed to work fine for the range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts