·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wonder it would take to get one with dimples and a y stamp :grin:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Perfect platform for a modern AKS-74M, is it not?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Q-gunner2 said:
Perfect platform for a modern AKS-74M, is it not?
yep i might of been a bit premature getting my 105 converted

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Just_Parker said:
wonder it would take to get one with dimples and a y stamp :grin:
If they are smart enough to do that, I would definitely buy one, no questions asked.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Not sure I believe anything coming out of ARFCOM. :neutral: But lets hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Elliot308 said:
Do all the saigas come with the chopped rear/slant cut receiver?
No; only the Saiga 308 Ver. 21, shown here:

All the other Saiga models have a standard square-cut receiver like any other AK.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I thought they did that to all of them, thought that was a big part of the conversion back-fixing the slant cut.

Why did they do that to the 308?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Elliot308 said:
Do all the saigas come with the chopped rear/slant cut receiver?
Nope..

The receivers with the dimples and extra X Y routinely come without the PG hole cut though.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Elliot308 said:
I thought they did that to all of them, thought that was a big part of the conversion back-fixing the slant cut.
Nope.

Why did they do that to the 308?
It's only that particular model of .308; the others are square-cut like the shotguns and smaller-caliber rifles. My guess is that it has something to do with the Izhmash takeover of Molot a couple years ago. Maybe that particular model is built at Molot using a VEPR-type receiver? Sure looks similar to this VEPR:

·
Registered
28 Posts
rdm said:
Not sure I believe anything coming out of ARFCOM. :neutral: But lets hope for the best.
I'm the one that posted that about the 5.45 saiga on ar15.com. I emailed RAAC on Monday about them importing a 5.45 saiga. Tuesday I received an email back stating the paperwork is being approved by the ATF, and it could happen by the end of the year. The guy's name is Clyde Woods, Sales and Marketing, RAAC. I have no reason to lie about it, but if you don't believe me, email them yourself and ask.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I'll take it, send payment info

:twisted:

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
saturnmissiles said:
rdm said:
I'm the one that posted that about the 5.45 saiga on ar15.com. I emailed RAAC on Monday about them importing a 5.45 saiga. Tuesday I received an email back stating the paperwork is being approved by the ATF, and it could happen by the end of the year. The guy's name is Clyde Woods, Sales and Marketing, RAAC. I have no reason to lie about it, but if you don't believe me, email them yourself and ask.
I want one! :cool:~must have dimples. :grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts