AK Rifles banner

5.45X39 Ammo availability

3K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Hi all! Thank you for a great forum.

I own a Vepr K in 5.45X39. As I'm aware there are a lot of others who are in the same predicament I am with the lack of availability of 5.45 ammo. Anyone have any idea if this will be an on going situation. I am down to my last 300 rounds of Wolf. It seems odd that every manufacturer of the 5.45X39 ammo is unavailable.

Any insight, or leads on where I can buy some would be welcome, and appreciated.

Regards,

Xavier

#30 ·
Bradley5050 said:
BCR#1

Your dealer talked you out of one of the finest battle rifles ever devised, I wouldn't thank him!

Like Johno, I buy it cheap and stack it deep and my toys NEVER run out of ammo.

Learn a lesson and stock up when it is back.
It ain't the finest if you can't find/have to pay dearly for the ammo just so you can shoot it.

I am buying 7.62 cheap, the last was from Cabelas. $214.73 shipped for 2K a couple weeks ago. That gives me 8400+ in the safe.

You'll never find 5.45 that cheap, ever!

Bill

#32 ·
1. I hope you are right.
2. Let me tell you about Santa, and the Easter Bunny....

I would dearly like to be WRONG about all this- but as time goes buy, I strongly suspect that the reason we have no AK ammo is actually because the US Government made yet another under the table deal with the Russians to keep it out. Similar to Clinton's "No US aid Dollars if you export these rifles to the US" attrocity.

Why? Simple money math... I've heard all ABOUT bullets for Iraq, etc... but follow the cash - regardless of HOW many wars are running (that the Russians have no stake in) - where can they make the most money? Sub Saharin Africa? Or in the US?

No - I smell US interference. The kind you can't complain about, because they won't admit to doing it....

#33 ·
Cabellas is in stock and shipping 7.62x39mm.

Cheaper Than Dirt is in stock and shipping 7.62x39mm.

The Sportsmans Guide has been filling backorders left and right.

It is here, but web rumors mean sellers jack the price up to high heaven and get away with it. Who will demand lower costs when we all think it has been banned?

Cabelas is $125 or so a case and if you order HP it is $112 a case (or was a week ago).

#34 ·
well based on the way buy it now works, anyone that bid over is an idiot.. All you have to do is hit the buy it now button and it'll end the auction at the buy it now price.. Bought a couple things there that way when I saw the bid heading close to the buy it now price..

My personal take on the shortages of mil surp ammo is this..

Assault weapons are back in flavor for over a year now, most popular calibers primarily .223, 7.62x39 and 5.45.39.. Considering the massive influx of sales that utilize these calibers in the last year, local dealers have been pulling from their suppliers faster, major wholesalers are pulling from makers/importers faster and the makers/manufacturers just started realizing that the quantity they were making 6 months ago for delivery now isn't enough.. I know many will say that assault weapons weren't out of flavor just ban models available, but remember you guys hang out and are around this activity, how many people do you know not in the sport that once they realized the ban was no longer in effect ran out to buy 1 or more assault rifles because """ONLY NOW DID THEY THINK THEY WERE LEGAL"""

John P..

#36 ·
moose said:
Obiwan said:
By this summer we will be deep in 5.45
patience
I believe you're correct. This first bunch might dissapear due to panic buying, but once it rolls in on the 2nd wave everyone will be pretty much stocked and it'll start sitting on the shelves waiting for us.

Hate to be a rumor munger, but I understand some people with Wolf back orders on 5.45x39 are getting their credit cards billed and being sent shipping dates from some dealers..

John P..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.