AK Rifles banner

5.45X39 Ammo availability

3K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Hi all! Thank you for a great forum.

I own a Vepr K in 5.45X39. As I'm aware there are a lot of others who are in the same predicament I am with the lack of availability of 5.45 ammo. Anyone have any idea if this will be an on going situation. I am down to my last 300 rounds of Wolf. It seems odd that every manufacturer of the 5.45X39 ammo is unavailable.

Any insight, or leads on where I can buy some would be welcome, and appreciated.

Regards,

Xavier

#13 ·
Just an FYI: I am finding ammo (7.62x39 & 5.45x39) at some of the Ma & Pa type gun shops. I bought 250rds of 5.45x39 at a small shop for $4.00 a box(25rd) Also, check your local Flea markets. I am averaging about $.15 a round. Most of the out of the way gun stores are unaware of the shortage and haven't inftated their prices. :wink:

#19 ·
My point was that I have some on hand, if I did not I would have "bought it now" to have it in my greasy hands. good luck and I Hope you get it for under the BIN. I do like to let others know what is out there. I have the luxury of being the boss at work where I can keep an eye on the "commodities" of the AK world.

G
#20 ·
Xavier (I hope I spelled it right) I have heard rumors that in N.Y. there is no shortage of ammo cal. 545 at all. You should look at yellow.com and find a gun store there and see if they have any and if they are willing to ship. It shouldnt cost as much there espically if you order in bulk they will cut you a good deal for 1k or even 2k.[/quote]

#21 ·
wrish22687 said:
Xavier (I hope I spelled it right) I have heard rumors that in N.Y. there is no shortage of ammo cal. 545 at all. You should look at yellow.com and find a gun store there and see if they have any and if they are willing to ship. It shouldnt cost as much there espically if you order in bulk they will cut you a good deal for 1k or even 2k.
[/quote]

I tried that a bit today, Called New York, and was able find fourtyone boxes of Wolf @ $3. per. I forget the exact total ?$147,? shpg. included.
What ever it is, it is for now. :lol: "New York" :grin: "it is, what it is." :grin:

Thanks for all the help :grin: everyone. :grin:

#23 ·
MauserMark said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=45587143

Wolf 5.45 at .30 cents a round!

awesome deal!
Anyone who would pay that kind of $ for any Russian ammo is a fool!!!!

My dealer told me a few yrs. ago not to buy a 74 because of future ammo availability, I'm glad I listened to him. :lol:

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.