AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Thank you for a great forum.

I own a Vepr K in 5.45X39. As I'm aware there are a lot of others who are in the same predicament I am with the lack of availability of 5.45 ammo. Anyone have any idea if this will be an on going situation. I am down to my last 300 rounds of Wolf. It seems odd that every manufacturer of the 5.45X39 ammo is unavailable.

Any insight, or leads on where I can buy some would be welcome, and appreciated.

Regards,

Xavier

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Man,...........the best advice I can give you,get on the backorder list at SG.It'll probably be a few months out so you may as well order a few cases while you're at it.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I think it's JUST about time to start a rumor....

Wolf is simply out of business.

Now - Wolf? Prove me wrong.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Trotsky said:
I think it's JUST about time to start a rumor....

Wolf is simply out of business.

Now - Wolf? Prove me wrong.
:grin: I hope it works!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It worked, I may be one of those gullible newbies, but I already believe the "rumor".
I believe, I just ordered something that will not be delivered. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Appears the 7.62 arrived, [Bought some locally at a Dunhams sporting goods store for $120.00 a K on sale] I'm seeing it now on Gunbroker too. I'm hoping the 5.45 is not too far behind!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I think this is the end of the 'calm before the storm'. In six months, we'll be swimming in it, with more brand selection then ever before. Prepare to stock up... hoard it like they're not gonna make it any more...

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
eodinert said:
Prepare to stock up... hoard it like they're not gonna make it any more...

....a page from my own quote book! Magazines, and ammo! stock up on both while they are cheap!

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Buy em cheap and stack em deep! :wink:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just an FYI: I am finding ammo (7.62x39 & 5.45x39) at some of the Ma & Pa type gun shops. I bought 250rds of 5.45x39 at a small shop for $4.00 a box(25rd) Also, check your local Flea markets. I am averaging about $.15 a round. Most of the out of the way gun stores are unaware of the shortage and haven't inftated their prices. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Today is the first day in about 4 months that there is 5.45 listed over on Gunbroker. "Search" 5.45x39. Not cheap, but can be had for "buy it now".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Duchkma, I will put a bid in at the end of the auction. The reserve has been met. I may be able to save a few bucks. Or not.

I appreciate the heads up. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
My point was that I have some on hand, if I did not I would have "bought it now" to have it in my greasy hands. good luck and I Hope you get it for under the BIN. I do like to let others know what is out there. I have the luxury of being the boss at work where I can keep an eye on the "commodities" of the AK world.

G

·
Xavier (I hope I spelled it right) I have heard rumors that in N.Y. there is no shortage of ammo cal. 545 at all. You should look at yellow.com and find a gun store there and see if they have any and if they are willing to ship. It shouldnt cost as much there espically if you order in bulk they will cut you a good deal for 1k or even 2k.[/quote]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts