AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some silver bear in 5.45 jhp. All thirty rds failed to go in full battery each of them stuck out aroumd an 1/8" anyone else had this problem? Everytime I cycled the bolt it would jam the rd in and get stuck. The only way I could get the bolt open was to kick it

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Agree, obstruction in chamber was the first thing to come to mind when you said all failed by 1/8 of an inch. Check for a broken piece of brass remaining in the chamber.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waffen werks 74 and I cleaned the rifle twice. And I've only shot wolf wpa through it.

·
Technical Advisor
15,526 Posts
Hollow points are commonly problematic in any AK. Some will shoot OK but others will experience feed issues or chamber face bump etc. 7.62 or 5.45.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took pictures of both the sb and wolf in the chamber but its not letting me load it from my phone

·
Registered
102 Posts
It almost sounds like you had a case head separation that left the front of a case in your chamber. If you look into your chamber, you'll be able to see the piece of brass stuck in there, if that is indeed your problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking that maybe the bullets themselves are 5.56 instead of 5.45. There is nothing in the barrel. I have checked several times and I have cleaned it a few times but just the sb won't go in all the way. Wolf and hornady ammo work just fine. Cycle without a hitch. Its just the sb I'm having problems with. And I've read oon some forums about people getting 5.56 bullets in their 5.45s. They do look a little short for 5.45 ev even for hollow points. I'm gonna put one in a micrometer tomorrow while I'm at work to try and confirm my suspicion

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No they were all .221" so that blew my theory. But the case was wider towards the rear. Is that normal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts