AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know OOW still makes theirs. I assume Global out of Houston does as well. Has DCI gotten to an AK74 reciever yet? Are there other choices?

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I built my Bulgie on the global, runs flawlessly, mags fit perfectly. I may wait for a DCI to build my Tantal. Having the patience to wait for new products is killing me.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Dutchkma said:
Having the patience to wait for new products is killing me.
Yea me too! I had my collector grade tantal, Krink, & Bulgy all built on an OOW's. I'm pretty satisified with an OOW. Although, I will be waiting for Harlans new receivers for the kits I have laying around now.
:wink:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've built on literally hundreds of OOW receivers. One problem they had for a short while was a short ejector. They are all correct now. Make sure you get one with the serial number over 1000 and you will be fine. The manufacturer marks are on the side. Never had any other problems with thier 74 receivers.

I have built on one Arsenal receiver. Nice receiver, but the magwell dimples leave a bit to be desired. Also with the manufacturer info on the bottom, it keeps more realism to the rifle.

I can't wait for Harlen to get his out. I know they will be kick ass!

Mike

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
:eek: Shocked at the oow bashers these days. :sad:

OOW (looks pretty good - runs even better)

OOW (This one looks good too)

Oh, another OOW.

Oh my god! More OOW's.. They breed like rabits around here.

·
Registered
431 Posts
IMO the OOW's are alright, but ussually require more fitting on the 4-5 I have dealt with. I know the Global has a silly dimple (for now) but it is the receiver I prefer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
right now around here..i can't get hold of anything!! i have no decent FFL connection anymore. so i have to rely on the gunshows now.. :neutral:

·
Registered
185 Posts
i think armory is easyer to build on
and oow makes a better finished rifle

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll probably get a lot of flak for it, but you can use a Ewbanks gen.2 receiver. I built up a Tantal kit on one, required some fitting but it runs great.

·
Registered
812 Posts
BigAl and I built two Bulgy side-folders on Ewbanks recievers a couple weeks ago and they run very smooth. I've built on all of them execpt a DCI and I think Global is my favorite for 5.45.

It depends on what you're building. You can order a Global without the selector holes for building a Tantal correctly.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The OOW's do make a solid finished rifle, but assembly can be a little more of a pain. The Ewbanks go together well but I wouldn't buy one with predrilled holes. The DCI Yugo's are awesome and the predrilled holes lined right up on the builds we did. I would love to build on a Global, they have been on order for a couple months now.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts