AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me guidance on 5.45x39 trajectory? Specifically what is a good distance to sight the in.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
your '74 type weapons open sites are in METERS . this method 'sets' all the other ranges averageing out minor discrepancies in the rearsite and/or ammo .

you site in @100M with the rearsite on -4- too +10" . this means if you used a standard 8.5"w x 11"t copy paper for a target you would line the sites up along the bottom edge and ajust the sights untill groupcenters are centered of course and an inch below the top or , POI +10" above POA .
remove detachable bayos and make sure any muzzel accessories are tight or get rid of it . shoot off a solid sandbag rest or device to minimize error .

BSZ and 4 = 400M but your supposed to do this on -4- . then would be a good time to double check the BSZ on the same target .

_0M__25m__50m__100M__225M__300M_350M_400M__425M__450M
-1.9"_+1.6"_+4.8"_+10"__+15.5__+13"__+8"___0.0____-5____-11"

this is based on an average G7 BC of .160 and commercial ammo average of 2875fps at standard atmosphere . the rest will be in the "understanding 5.45x39 ammo" post .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your assistance. I am assuming that most of the data is for 16.3 in. barrels, any opinion as to change with 8 in.?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
yup . its 16"b ballistics .

honestly i have no idea about 8"b ballistics for the 5.45x39 :sad:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Is yours 8" or 8.3"?

If it is a real Krink then the barrel should be 8.3" and the velocity should be 2,350 with 60gr. FMJ bullets. If it is an AKP then the barrel can be anywhere from 6" to 12". Also Krinks have different sights and that makes a difference too.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Does it have the Krinkov style rear sight on the reciever cover?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was trying to determine the point on a target at which I could use to sight in the 5.45 x 39 AK. In an indoor range you can't always have the flexability to place the target at the range at which you desire to have the zero. All of the info above is for the 16.3 inch barrell, other possibilities would be the 8.3 inch and 12.4 (for the AK-105 types). With the accessory mount on the left side of the receiver and optics calibration, I was looking for example where to place the sight in at 75 yards for acceptable point of impact throughout the tracjectory.
Sorry if I was not clear before.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Well the Krink and AKP have totally different principals.

The Krink is supposed to have a flip sight, that is marked for 200 and 400... the point is that for a Krink you would sight it in for the first one to hit dead on at 200, then flip the sight for the longer 400 meter range. What I would do is sight in the iron sights the way they were intended, then buy a Russian Kobra for the side mount. The Kobra is supposed to be the best, easiest, most effective sight out there for semi-close ranges. I would sight the Kobra in for 100 yard hits and use the sights for longer ranges. After all, the Krink was meant to be a PDW, not a flat out engagement rifle... so really, don't expect much at longer ranges.

If it is an AKP, it has the tradditional AK sight, and should be sighted in for 100 yards. To get a clean shot to about 350, where a round would be within the torso of a human man as far as elevation, move it to the FIRST block. Not the 1, the [] shape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts