AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Anyone make it over to AKparts.com?

Have you seen the Romy kit he is offering for 5 grand. It has the serial number #0001 dated 1978.

would like to hear some thoughts on this. Don't worry I could never or would never drop that kind of coin.

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
Maybe if it was a 1963 dated first year and first one of Romanian AK production.

I think he has been tooting the crack pipe a bit.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Hootbro,

I was thinking the same thing. I saw the ad and thought ya that is a rare serial number for sure...but 5 grand. Lets see how long it stay's up there.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
It's a novelty in that it's the first in one of the (several) lettered series of that year, but I hope no one is foolish enough to think it's otherwise anything special.

That seller doesn't mention a letter prefix, so it's pretty clear that he hopes to find a sucker.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Like P. T. Barnum said "There's one born everyday" (sucker that is)

Just gotta find one now........... :lol:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
kit

The only way I'd pay that for it is if it was the complete gun. Otherwise I would think it would be worth maybe $20 to $50 over any other Romanian AKM kit in the same condition.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
It's a shame :sad:

If it were a 1963 that would be nice, but not $5000 nice. :lol:

So he has the first roll of production of 1978, :shock: BIG DEAL :roll:

con-artist I see them all the time at the Gun Shows Carney's Lie's & cheats with a song and a dance, throw the creep a penny for his
side show. :evil:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I've got an engraver and some tooling. Come on over with your kit and we'll make it a #0002 for a lot less than 5 grand.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I've got a 1989 unissued Tantal numbered 000#. (it's <10 but I'm not telling). Revolution year/Last year for Communism in Poland.

How much should I start the bidding for on GB?

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
Alfred said:
It's a shame :sad:

If it were a 1963 that would be nice, but not $5000 nice. :lol:

So he has the first roll of production of 1978, :shock: BIG DEAL :roll:

con-artist I see them all the time at the Gun Shows Carney's Lie's & cheats with a song and a dance, throw the creep a penny for his
side show. :evil:
The guy is not a con artist. He does not misrepresent about the kit but just having what many "knowledgeable" people think is a ridiculous price. His property and he is free to ask whatever he want and I do not begrudge him for that. He will either find the one off idiot or the market will bear out and he will have to come down in price.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Even if I had Bill Gates money I wouldn't throw $5K on a kit. I would spend $10K on an SVD though...if I had Bill Gates money that is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts