AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Steve- I received one from CFS today and it's Bulgarian.

Mine is the stamped and welded version, different from their photo (which is also Bulgarian).

It's complete with all the parts (Go, Centerfire!), and is obviously a takeoff. Shallow pitting and light surface rust.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
did you end up getting one if these steve?i want to build my romy g into an underfolder.

eta-richard-could you post some pics of yours?

·
Banned
698 Posts
Just guessing but from the stuff Centerfire has been selling a lot of over the last few years my guess is the parts are Yugoslavian.

The underfolder parts would still work on any AK.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
If I'm the only guy posting in this thread who's actually received one of these from Centerfire, and I say it's Bulgarian, what kind of underfolding stock do you think it's likely to be?

·
Banned
698 Posts
Yugoslavian.

Mostly because I have never seen worn out or rusted Bulgarian parts, EVER.

But the majority of Yugo parts are that way.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i didn't think the yugo's used milled arms.i've only seen stamped.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Is it really sold out, its letting me order....should i wait to enter my credit card info?? maybe call somebody??

B

·
Registered
970 Posts
go ahead and try, When I tried friday it said sold out, but the web page does not have them marked that way now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
They are in stock. The ones I've seen were Bulgarian, but I've been told that there were Romanians in the batch. I seem to remember seeing someone on here posting about making trunions?

Thanks,

Magnus

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i was told that dawg180 makes trunnions for them.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I bought one and received it a few days ago. Thought it would be a cheap replacement for my milled m70. But I have no idea what country it's from, but it looks basically new. No rust, pitting, or wear. I can get some pics if anyone is interested

·
Technical Advisor
15,600 Posts
I believe any folder mechanism will fit in a folder trunnion. The Romy has locking lugs only on one side so it limits the receiver choice or leaves extra locking holes. Rivet location, I believe, is the issue on a predrilled receiver..., front and rear trunnion differences can be a hole alignment problem. Trunnion differences.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts