AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this 43 Tula hex reciever 91/30 up a couple of years ago off fellow mosin collector Hlavinka along with a 43 Tula ex-sniper. ( Thanks again Mark) I like collecting recycled reciever Mosin Nagants, especially war time hex recievers, (of which I have at present 7). From what I have seen over the years the Izhevsk arsenal used them mostly in 41-42 & in 45, with the Tula arsenal using them mostly in 43-44.

This one is typical refurb mix master with a scrubbed tang/restamped 43, a 43 Tula barrel and in pre-war Izhevsk stock

·
Super Moderator
25,780 Posts
Looks like a newer import with the billboard stamp. Are they bringing more of these in?

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Very cool!

Is somebody doing a serial number study on these? I would be curious to see if they all fall in similar blocks, or if they're mixed in with round receivers (but I suppose you would have to do a round serial survey to determine that, as well!). I have one with an 1895 Izhevsk receiver. Cool guns!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Joe, most of mine from 2007/8 have that serial from CAI and a smaller one from Rguns. No idea what the current imports look like though.

I do have a few from 2003 that have a miniscule import mark on the rear receiver, wish it was always that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts