AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a friend who wants to get one of these. You guys tell me the pros/cons of this gun? Also what should be a good price? and what is comparable?

Thanks for any input or advice

·
Registered
784 Posts
My little brother had one and It was OK it came with 3 different back straps so it would fit your hand better. The decocker was a little weird but I thought it was an Ok gun

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I always heard it was a nice gun to hold..grip was very comfortable..

·
Banned
344 Posts
I have one since about 99 when they first came out, never any problems
but is a little big for CC. New around $600. Unique looking gun, which you know is also what 007 has been using since 99! :lol:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I examined one once where a round had somehow exited the mag early during the cycle. The round was "pinched" between face of the barrel above the chamber and the extractor, parallel to the barrel. The force of the extractor on the primer caused the round to explode....

Strangest damn thing.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Had mine since 99, love it never any problems, looks cool and unique
but for CC it in my opinion it is a little large! But i only have carried a glock 27 in a deep-cover holster for the last 10 yrs. But just got a pf9-keltec and now carry it.
When i first got mine in 99 it conly came with 2 - 10 round mags, due to ban! But i liked it so much even then i bought a 12 round mag. for either $100. or $120. dont remember but it was 1 of those. Really great gun! :dance:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey vz58kid,

Thanks for the input. This would be my friends first gun. He seems to already want it..I told him I would check in here to see what some of you guys thought...I'm trying to get my into AK's :grin:

·
Banned
344 Posts
brownstown said:
Hey vz58kid,

Thanks for the input. This would be my friends first gun. He seems to already want it..I told him I would check in here to see what some of you guys thought...I'm trying to get my into AK's :grin:

Forget about aks, compared to my new VZ-58 all 8 of my aks now take back seat! They are Czech. version of ak in same cal. and have only been available in original mil. high cap. configuration since this feb.
Best deal in the country is at Center-fire, they just now give you $60.
bucks of free stuff, 4 mags, pouch,bay.clean. kit. Just got 1 more!
Like that old saying goes, anything my aks can do :roll: , my VZ-58s can do better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :hail: :hail: :grin:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vz58kid said:
brownstown said:
Hey vz58kid,

Forget about aks, compared to my new VZ-58 all 8 of my aks now take back seat! They are Czech. version of ak in same cal. and have only been available in original mil. high cap. configuration since this feb.
Best deal in the country is at Center-fire, they just now give you $60.
bucks of free stuff, 4 mags, pouch,bay.clean. kit. Just got 1 more!
Like that old saying goes, anything my aks can do :roll: , my VZ-58s can do better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :dance: :dance: :hail: :hail: :grin:
Pretty bold statement seeing this is a Ak forum..but the VZ-58 seems to be the brother or cousin of the AK..LOL.. but really I have heard only great things about the VZ-58

·
Banned
344 Posts
Hell, i say it like i see it. The ak is in my as well as others opinions nothing but a piece of :bullshit: compared to a VZ-58, is milled and loaded weighs almost 2 lbs. less than ak,more acc. less cumbersome,
harder to jam, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are right this site is the ak forum, but where have you been?? As of
next sunday midnight, we will be and shall be known as THE VZ-58 FORUM! Did you not vote?? Out of 24 mods. and owner it was 25 to 0, and the members vote was 99% to 1% for the change!!! :lol: :lol: :hail: :dance: :dance: :hail:

PS. Just wishfull thinking on my part! Next yr. maybe!
Had to put this in, so i dont get banned or get called a troll, since some
people are ak brain-washed! :roll: :lol: :lol: :hail: :dance: :dance:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts