AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came across these in an ammo can up in the attic. The 2 stainless ones are single stack, 8 or 10 rders and the blued one is double stack, looks like 10 or 12 rd. NO idea what they are other than .40 S&W as there were a few rounds in each.

Anyone... anyone...?

2.jpg

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Two on the left Kahr. Not sure of model but they typically fit multiple. Probably CW40 or P/PM 40. Judging by the holes they're 7 rounders, possibly 8 but I don't remember if those base plates are a +1 or just different from typical flush fit

The double stack one is harder. Possibly a S&W 3rd gen, maybe Beretta

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
What's that say on the side? "9mm para made in Italy"?

Looks an awful lot like a Beretta 92 compact. Are you sure it's a 40sw?

But then again it also looks like a Taurus, possibly 840 compact. What does it say on the side?

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There’s definitely no markings on it. I put both .40 and 9mm in it. They both seem to fit fine.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
The only mags I can think of that look like that are Beretta, Taurus, XD, S&W steel guns.

But all XD are stainless and have witness holes in the back.

MecGar aftermarket have their name on it (maybe older ones didn't). I believe ProMag has their name on it too.

S&W also has their logo and more than two witness holes. Most were stainless as well but aftermarket could be blued.

However this is for a 9mm. Their 40sw guns had longer mags for full size and the compacts were all single stack

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure does look like those 3 stainless mags, minus the finish off course. Are those your mags or is that a stock photo?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Sure does look like those 3 stainless mags, minus the finish off course. Are those your mags or is that a stock photo?
Stock. I don't have a 69 but I do have a 5906, which is just a full size version.

However, I just tried a 40sw in both a Beretta 92 and a SW5906. They both work but In the 5906 the bullet doesn't look right sitting there. The front is facing up while the back of the bullet is angled more down and has a gap between the brass and the feed lips. The same bullet in the 92 looks perfect, like it was a 40sw mag

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you think this thing will work in one of your heaters pm me an address and I'll just send it off to you. I don't even own anything in .40 S&W.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Thanks, I appreciate the offer but I too don't have anything in 40 nor do I have anything like that in compact. My smallest gun is a G19

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I went on gun broker, and typed in S&W 4013, the 4013 TSW came up and mags, to me looked like the blued double stack only stainless.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going to post that mag on a S&W forum. That will probably solve the final mystery.

I got one of the SS mags apart and it does in fact say "40 Kahr" on it.

2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got a positive ID from a dude over on a Smith forum. Smith 6904/6906. To the winner went the spoils. I've no use for it so I'm shipping it out to him this week. Coincidently he's in a neighboring town.

If you're into Smiths I really recommend this particular site. Some really good people in there.-----> https://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/

Thanks, guys.
:beer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts