AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a picture of one ? also whats one worth ? I'm pretty sure it's chinese, but I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance :grin:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Chi-com 40 Rounder

:smile: Sorry but don't have any pics but the chi-com 40's are identical to the flatback 30's but just a little longer. They have the same ridges or are stamped the same as the 30's and as far as price goes, they'll run about average as the euro's. The word is that the 40's were made for export only and not fielded by the chinese military and that's why you don't see any type of special chinese pouch for them. We have 12 of them for our NHM 91 and carry them in romy rpk pouches. :mad: Mad Max son of Madtechcool :cool:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Here's one in a SKS "D" project gun:

Other than being longer, it looks the same as a 30 rounder.

The chinese mags don't have the "rib" you see in the euro AK mags...and the metal follower is different in design. Otherwise, they look much the same as any other 40 round AK mag.

I really don't know what the current value would be...I couldn't imagine one being worth more than $35-$40 tops (but I'm cheap).

LG :neutral:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, thats what I got, the guy I bought it from tried to tell me it was east german, I said it wasn't cause it didn't have a ridge on the back, guess it was worth the 10 bucks I paid :grin:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Damn, I thought I got a deal for one when I paid $20. Good find.

I posted about it here as well thinking that it was special. It isn't apparently, and the Chinese never fielded a 40 rnd mag militarily. Concensus states they were made just for us gun lovin Americans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts