AK Rifles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Is the inside of the cone chrome plated ? I'm pretty sure the factory ones were.
Who did you get it from ?

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Pics would help. He claims that they are new and Orig. Bulg. Mil. surplus, but also claims they are for 7.62 x 39 . Don't know if he just didn't know the diff. or what. I would also think that if they were US made that it would be to his advantage to state that, as they could then count as a compliance part. His prices are kinda high also.

· Registered
248 Posts
I just received one of these from USMACHINEGUN.COM, for $64.99. It was advertized the same way, for 47 and 74. It comes with a threaded insert that is threaded for a 47 on the inside. Otherwise it looks like a 4-peice Bulgarian. But....

I tried it on 5 guns, and it doesn't fully seat on 3 of them. Neither 5.45 gun will seat it fully (lacks between 1/8th and 1/4 inch), and of the 3 7.62 guns only two would seat it all the way down but the slot for the retainer plunger pin is not wide enough so it won't lock in place. So I am 0 for 5, it is completely useless to me. I am going to attempt to return it for a refund. I will let you know the outcome. In case you are wondering if the threads might be off on my guns, the 5 I tried it on are:

Bulgarian 5.45 Krinkov, original barrel - no seat
Arsenal SLR-105 - no seat
Arsenal SA M7 SF - no seat
Romanian G kit build with original barrel - seats but plunger pin slot not wide enough
Romanian RPK with US barrel - seats but plunger pin slot not wide enough

Since all 5 guns have flash-hiders already that fit fine, I am guessing it's the hider, not the guns that have the problem :) Link to the site I bought from:

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail. ... =AK47-0109

Thanks,
James

· Registered
56 Posts
jcook119 said:
I just received one of these from USMACHINEGUN.COM, for $64.99. It was advertized the same way, for 47 and 74. It comes with a threaded insert that is threaded for a 47 on the inside. Otherwise it looks like a 4-peice Bulgarian. But....

I tried it on 5 guns, and it doesn't fully seat on 3 of them. Neither 5.45 gun will seat it fully (lacks between 1/8th and 1/4 inch), and of the 3 7.62 guns only two would seat it all the way down but the slot for the retainer plunger pin is not wide enough so it won't lock in place. So I am 0 for 5, it is completely useless to me. I am going to attempt to return it for a refund. I will let you know the outcome. In case you are wondering if the threads might be off on my guns, the 5 I tried it on are:

Bulgarian 5.45 Krinkov, original barrel - no seat
Arsenal SLR-105 - no seat
Arsenal SA M7 SF - no seat
Romanian G kit build with original barrel - seats but plunger pin slot not wide enough
Romanian RPK with US barrel - seats but plunger pin slot not wide enough

Since all 5 guns have flash-hiders already that fit fine, I am guessing it's the hider, not the guns that have the problem :) Link to the site I bought from:

http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail. ... =AK47-0109

Thanks,
James
I just bought one off gunbroker that did the exact same thing. Would not seat on my 107UR. Sent it back and should be receiving a replacement soon. I hope the second one works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.