AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever seen a .308 PKM kit for sale?

DSA imported some post samples...wonder if any got made into kits.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I was looking at the pics and discription on DSA and its offered to LEO thats crazy. Imagine your local police officer with a PKM in his trunk. :grin:

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
Haven't heard of a .308 PKM. But, VLTOR might be making semi auto PKM guns:

http://www.vltor.com/projects.html

I just hate to see what the price for that would be. But then again, maybe they will be as affordable as the VECTOR RPDs are. Now that would be great.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Caligula said:

I just hate to see what the price for that would be. But then again, maybe they will be as affordable as the VECTOR RPDs are. Now that would be great.
The Vector RPDs are $2,000 each! That isn't affordable, that's crazy!

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
Caligula said:

The Vector RPDs are $2,000 each! That isn't affordable, that's crazy!
No, that isn't crazy. if you price what a 1919 cost along and all the accesories that is needed for it, like a linking machine, tripod, pintel, T&E, you are pretty much the same price as the VECTOR ARMS RPD is. With the RPD there is nothing else to buy for it. And unlike the 1919, that you need a wagon to haul it and the tripod to the range, the RPD can be shoulder and taken to the firing point.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
An RPD is less than a 1919 because they are of totally different design. However, most 1919s do not need to comply with section 922(r) as they are American made, so they are more original, plus they fire a full power cartridge instead of an intermediate cartridge. The 1919 may need a tripod, but it's belts are more durable than RPD belts and you can link tons of belts together succsessfully.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Sigurd said:
Anyone ever seen a .308 PKM kit for sale?

DSA imported some post samples...wonder if any got made into kits.
You could probably buy one of the PKM's from DSA and they will demill it for you, but you will have to pay the full price of the post sample. I remember they offered that for the Mag58 post samples they used to have.

·
Registered
878 Posts
They have an RPD in 54R. It is called the RP-46 I dont know of a transferable one in civlian hands, there are a few post samples. If I could find a transferable DPM at a good price I would buy one and convert it. They are very cool.

I have been trying to get someone to tell me if they actually have the 308 PKM's over at DSA. They had a few, but I dont think they are actually selling them. They get them from K-Var anyway under their importers license. I have K-Var hunting for one or two of those and a bunch of other odd stuff for us right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts