AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know to some this will be nothing short of blasphemy to some but I want to convert an Arsenal .556 AK pistol to .300 blackout and also eventually to SBR it. If anone knows who is willing to do tis for me please let me know
Here are my reasons:
1: I don't like AR's
2: I don't want another AR
3: My entire battery of working guns revolves around the AK series.
4: I already have .223 magazines and other support for it.
5: I am well aware of the ballistic difference between .300 blackout and 7.62x39 but seeing as this gun will be purpose built for the subsonic realm- I want this gun in this caliber.
6: I get the ammo fairly cheaply and have quite a bit of it already.
7: I do already reload 7.62x39 sub and supersonic. I just don't like to do it. The 7.62x39 subsonic to me as to me it is a bit wasteful (I have used the original Russian subsonic loading and found it to be wanting-my subsonic loadings are definitely better but still). It also it relegates me to a factory barrel. with a custom purpose built quality barrel the blackout should perform better-and before you say it why not put in a quality barrel on a 7.62x39 then-well it will cost about the same at the end of the day for me: Primarily 'Cause I can (I hope that at least), I have a decent supply of .300 subsonic ammo already. Also more importantly I don't want any purpose built 7.62x39 AKs for various reasons and this will give me what I want and not worry about grabbing the wrong type of ammo as has happened in the past when I have gone hunting (also I live in a state where suppressed hunting is legal).
8: Many say the AK is a less than an ideal weapon to suppress for various reasons. That may be, but suppressed they are still quiet enough for what I want and half the problem is having a good barrel with concentric bore/threads-well with a custom barrel that bugaboo is solved. Others say port noise-well any gas operated weapon suffers from this to varying degrees so again not a major problem to me.

If someone can point me in the right direction to one willing to do the work I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Have you tried contacting any of the builders on the forum? For something like that, I would check with Matt (turbothis) but I'm sure there are others who can and will do it.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Texas AK systems sells a .300blk barrel and the guy who runs Prexis has done at least one for a Weapons Guild member. It would be a pretty simple swap if you have all the parts necessary. Populate the barrel, headspace, and pin it. What's your location? If you're close, I could assist.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Troy at InRange built the first one - and I'm sure others after that.
Hes good people- I'd give him a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts