AK Rifles banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Yugo UF, externals avg, matching #'s, stocks not carved, one clean, one light scratched will easily sand out. Bbls not new, but good rifleing, light frosting extending both lands and grooves. no longer dark, but likely not improvable: @ 10 hours each spent with kroil, copper brush, and finally copper cleaner (shooters choice.) over two week period. Tabuk carbine candidate. no mags. $300 shipped 48. (ea) vias USPS

1 Russian arrow/triangle, mismatched, above avg condition, bbl VG+, shiny, no wear thru on chrome. Milled Type III UF. 1- 30 rd molot? mag, and 4 pc walnut ironwood? stock set. $400 shipped 48 states via USPS

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Kendwell said:
2 Yugo UF, externals avg, matching #'s, stocks not carved, one clean, one light scratched will easily sand out. Bbls not new, but good rifleing, light frosting extending both lands and grooves. no longer dark, but likely not improvable: @ 10 hours each spent with kroil, copper brush, and finally copper cleaner (shooters choice.) over two week period. Tabuk carbine candidate. no mags. $300 shipped 48. (ea) vias USPS

1 Russian arrow/triangle, mismatched, above avg condition, bbl VG+, shiny, no wear thru on chrome. Milled Type III UF. 1- 30 rd molot? mag, and 4 pc walnut ironwood? stock set. $400 shipped 48 states via USPS

If that Russian kit includes the major Russian parts and the front and rear stub (not missing bolt, carrier, dust cover, etc), I'll take it.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts

unconditional ill take it. pm incoming for payment options.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
catsailer40 said:

I was still first, if those facts are true, I still get it. So far, the site rules still say the first I'll take it wins out and mine was first. Conditional or non conditional is not differentiated against; I still committed to buy it. You can have second in line though... but rules are rules, and I'm first in line.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
catsailer40 said:

I was still first, if those facts are true, I still get it. So far, the site rules still say the first I'll take it wins out and mine was first. Conditional or non conditional is not differentiated against; I still committed to buy it. You can have second in line though... but rules are rules, and I'm first in line.
Wrong Q-gunner2, you were in negotiation there.
catsailer40 posted an unconditional "i'll take it", he would likely get it in my book, unless I had contacted you prior to the "I'll take it", and told you, it included what you mentioned, and said "It's your's".

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
RPD said:
Q-gunner2 said:
catsailer40 said:

Wrong Q-gunner2, you were in negotiation there, catsailer40 posted an unconditional "i'll take it", he would get it in my book.

+1 IF you have a stipulation that is far from an Ill take it.

Q you should according to site rules move over.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Negotiating is an "I'll give you this if you give me this". We weren't negotiating, I just wanted to know. I did not ask for more or less, just asked to be sure. I said those words first, binding words, guaranteeing payment should the kit be there. Read the rules... conditional or not, it is the first "I'll take it". All I wanted to know is if the major parts (bolt and carrier) are there and the stubs because I need those to rebuild it. Being a student and not loaded with cash, I have one shot to make. I can't miss. I wanted to make sure it was the right target.

I suppose in this case, it is simply up to the seller. Why? I followed the rules and they say nothing against conditionals, at all. I sent a PM a few hours ago that is so far unread, so I guess it is up to the seller. We shall see.

The site rules say nothing about "moving over".

·
Registered
367 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
Negotiating is an "I'll give you this if you give me this". We weren't negotiating, I just wanted to know. I did not ask for more or less, just asked to be sure. I said those words first, binding words, guaranteeing payment should the kit be there. Read the rules... conditional or not, it is the first "I'll take it". All I wanted to know is if the major parts (bolt and carrier) are there and the stubs because I need those to rebuild it. Being a student and not loaded with cash, I have one shot to make. I can't miss. I wanted to make sure it was the right target.

I suppose in this case, it is simply up to the seller. Why? I followed the rules and they say nothing against conditionals, at all. I sent a PM a few hours ago that is so far unread, so I guess it is up to the seller. We shall see.
There were conditions to your i'll take it, you were negotiating.
catsailer40 had no conditions he took a chance, you didn't.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
RPD said:
Q-gunner2 said:
catsailer40 said:

Wrong Q-gunner2, you were in negotiation there, catsailer40 posted an unconditional "i'll take it", he would get it in my book.

+1 IF you have a stipulation that is far from an Ill take it.

Q you should according to site rules move over.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
The thing that bothers me the most right now, is that Hiros is referring to the rules, yet apparently has not himself read them. Nothing against him personally, he is a nice guy and I know that from talking to him over PM; and he is also not stupid (I am saying this for the record, because the internet is a place which makes misconception easy). But...

The rules say nothing about moving over, nothing about conditional take its, nothing about anything like that. It is just like a cop saying "I'll arrest you for owning this ten round magazine. Its illegal"... but it isn't.

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17758

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18454

As of now, it is all up to the seller. The rules do not say anything, left or right, up or down regarding this matter. Think of all of us as writing briefs, and the seller is the court. It is kinda exciting. :smile: Regardless of what happens, though... I still have my education, my family, my ladyfriend by my side and all the necessities of life. It isn't worth a pissing match over. But it is up to the seller himself to make the decision.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Like it or Not:

catsailer40 posted an unconditional I'll take it. Q, you put conditions. Catsailer, You just gambled. :wink: NO COMPLAINTS later. :wink:

Kendall & Others, YOU MUST start providing more accurate ads to avoid situations such as these. I understand Q's frustration, but don't fault him for questioning the parts included! I wouldn't touch such a poorly stated ad with a 10 foot pole. Catsailer took a huge leap of faith.

Happy Saturday. :dance:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
catsailer40 said:
do we need to get site staff involved?

exotic-toys has been notified.

edit: _ to -

Okay. Why?

It is still up to the seller. Both of ours are "I'll take its" so he can chose to sell it to me if he so wishes. Nothing in the rules against that. Conditional "I'll take its" may be less favored, but he can still pick me since I did chime up first and use those magic words involving a guaranteed sale should the parts be there. However, mods... following this fiasco... maybe the rules should be changed?

Exotic... sorry, didn't see your post. I agree. I try to be very descriptive in my ads of all features and faults. I may get this kit and I may not, but I also believe in Karma, so I'm not too worried.

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
Q, let it go man. The magic words you speak of are I'll take it. Not I'll take it if. Please in the future, if you want something just put I'll take it and nothing else. I've seen more of your post's lately with, "I'll take it IF......." Educate yourself on what you want to buy, so that you will know the what ifs. I'm only posting this so others will get the message too. Any further disputes about the rules need to go to pm's.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
locking this mess down. No, rules aren't changing. Honestly, this is the sellers FAULT not the rules.

Please PM me if anyone would like to discuss further.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.