AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little gauge on opinion, here.

http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/

I'm looking at this 2nd Amendment March that's about a year away.
Set for April 2010, which is about the time I take vacay anyway. (rhymes)
No real reason I can't attend, even if it's just an up 48 hours kind of road trip.

How 'bout ya'll?
Anybody getting a feel for popular opinion in our community on this one?
Any gun owning agoraphobics out there?

Could be a good op for an AKForum.net meet up.
We could all hold hands as we March. :lol:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I'm just a hop, skip, and a jump away (bout halfway between DC and Bodymore). Wouldn't be too tough for me to drive to Greenbelt and hop the Metro in.

I'm down. Bet my wife would be too.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I'll be there! :wink:

eta: I just saw that there is a Town Hall meeting in Traverse City, MI in late June. I'm gonna be visiting family there then (actually in Charlevoix right near there). Looks like I'll be there, too.

andy

·
Banned
360 Posts
I won't be. I'm pretty sure it won't be as organized and as well managed & planned as it really should be, and I'd rather not be a part of it in the (likely) event it degrades...

All you need, is one white supremacist, anarchist, or just generalized wacko in the crowd of thousands with bad intentions and a firearm. This march is the only event that the worst of the worst can speak for everybody......

***edit***
I might add, there is no need for it. We are winning, the vigilance, instant dissemination of information and individual efforts in fighting legislation have really paid off. This "march" doesn't serve a purpose if we are already doing alright.. unless of course, it degrades. Then it's just a nail in the coffin and undermines pro-firearm efforts already underway across the country. While the premise may be good, I am wholly against it for this reason. We are not a bunch of MSM educated moms. Being a bunch of marching zombies has more of a chance to backfire than render any positive statement whatsoever. It IS the MSM that will be reporting on it......

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
os-foxtrot said:
I won't be. I'm pretty sure it won't be as organized and as well managed & planned as it really should be, and I'd rather not be a part of it in the (likely) event it degrades...

All you need, is one white supremacist, anarchist, or just generalized wacko in the crowd of thousands with bad intentions and a firearm. This march is the only event that the worst of the worst can speak for everybody......

***edit***
I might add, there is no need for it. We are winning, the vigilance, instant dissemination of information and individual efforts in fighting legislation have really paid off. This "march" doesn't serve a purpose if we are already doing alright.. unless of course, it degrades. Then it's just a nail in the coffin and undermines pro-firearm efforts already underway across the country. While the premise may be good, I am wholly against it for this reason. We are not a bunch of MSM educated moms. Being a bunch of marching zombies has more of a chance to backfire than render any positive statement whatsoever. It IS the MSM that will be reporting on it......

Exactly.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
os-foxtrot said:

***edit***
+1 on that!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a lot of optimism here in "AWB."

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am going to try to be there.

I will not piss away my right to assemble due to fear.

The anti-gunners and leftists sure as hell assemble. So should we.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
sorry, although i would love to be there i dont do so well in large crowds of people....that and i have my morals, religious people avoid the red light district and i avoid the district of columbia... i would just feel dirty breathing in the air....

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I rather spend the money on going on guns and gun accessories.

It would be better if we assembled in our local city centers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
All it would take is a few plants. After seeing how the Tea Partys went off - mostly good, but some negative consequences revealed afterwards such as folks being watched it might not be such a good deal, even if it was completely peaceful.

Rhino

·
Registered
214 Posts
I can not believe the defeatism here. We shouldn't ever do anything because the left might try to make us look bad when we do it? :neutral:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
warpiper said:
I can not believe the defeatism here. We shouldn't ever do anything because the left might try to make us look bad when we do it? :neutral:
It's not defeatism......it's realism. I can see this being turned into a media circus that would do nothing but hurt our cause.

We'd be much better off doing something at a local level like the Tea Party demostrations.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally, I think that better even than the tea party stuff is personally picking out two or three folks that you think are decent and might lean towards being favorable to "the cause." Have them over for dinner, or do something you're comfortable with and then take them out shooting sometime! Better yet if they have kids that you can help reverse the brainwashed from their public schooling.
Rallys and such may have value at points, and may indeed be necessary in the future, but of more value is trying to check the steady erosion caused by the current education system and the stuff being taught there. It's not that they don't think that guns are cool, the real threat is from folks who've been brainwashed into Marxist doctrines and worship the state as their Savior from all troubles.

Rhino

1 - 14 of 14 Posts