AK Rifles banner

24 yr old CHL holder gets killed in my city

3K views 41 replies 27 participants last post by  fullautotogo 
#1 ·
Pretty messed up....Feel for his parents and girlfriend

Basically he saved his girlfriend's life with his own.

Short story....She (23 yr old) was a mgr at a popular restaurant. They were leaving with the night deposit bag. Robber (19 yr old) runs up and shoots her in the ankle to steal the money. He pulls his gun and shoots robber in stomach. Robber unloads. He later dies at the hospital from multiple gunshot wounds. Police picks up the robber 20 minutes later trying to hide in a ditch about 1 block away.

They had 2 kids together, 1 and 3 year old

Full story...

http://www.lufkindailynews.com/hp/conte ... bbery.html

#3 ·
If this is the one I read about a manager taking money to night deposit after closing has been robbed now three times...in the last year and same place! And they still send them out with a money bag! Someone was going to get killed. Shame it was a hero who had to take it into his own hands to protect his loved one. May he rest in peace.

#4 ·
yes cphilip....this is the place

Robbed 3 times in 8 months.....2nd time at the actual location

The other was when the robber followed the asst mgr to the bank and actually robbed her while she was headed in to make the deposit.

The previous 2 before the fatal shooting was on the same female asst mgr.

2 robbers burst from the wooded lot and robbed her. 1 had a gun and the other, pepper spray...They shot her in the face with pepper spray and took the deposit bag and her purse.

#9 ·
Seems she should sue her employer for putting her into un needed risk, and now this. Man was brave, to bad he couldn't have taken that robber with him.

Hopefully they will meet in hell, and he can fvck the robber with a knife.

#10 ·
Good guy should have done what the bad guy did and dumped his mag into the POS.

The threat is never over until it's down and out. For good.

Still sorry to hear of loss of a decent person for a piece of crap. What a shitty trade. :evil:

#11 ·
Wonder if the good guy was trained to "shoot and assess". I know what they say about more center of mass shots not being of any good most of the time, but it just doesn't seem right to stop shooting until the attacker is incapcitated.

All I can say, is RIP. You earned it. Just wish you were still here and dirtbag wasn't.

#13 ·
Maybe I'm just armchair quarterbacking, but if said location was robbed x number of times in a short period of time shouldn't the cops have been keeping some kind of lookout? I mean, after all, the cops are here to take care of criminals. Why should the general public need to carry guns? That guy could have missed the criminal and hit some kindergartner!! :roll:

#14 ·
Maybe the weapon had a FTF or other problem ? I too would have fired until he was not moving or upright . Its good to test your gear under a little stress to make sure what works and what does not. Thats why I shoot IDPA , to see what works well and provide a little training if the chips are down . May he rest in peace and he did the right thing.

#17 ·
I wonder what caliber of weapon of he was using... I wonder if he had more stopping power if he could have put the robber down faster and saved both of their lives.

Sad to hear about this... even more reason to CHL, these types of events are so random... you never know.

#18 ·
Been to Lufkin many times they don't need a trail just give him to the family, problem solved.

What happened to the good ol days when that robber whould not have received medical attention, instead he would have been hanged before he could die of his wounds.

We need trails when there is any doubt in cases like this we don't need to spend the money.

#19 ·
bthorn said:
Maybe I'm just armchair quarterbacking, but if said location was robbed x number of times in a short period of time shouldn't the cops have been keeping some kind of lookout? I mean, after all, the cops are here to take care of criminals. Why should the general public need to carry guns? That guy could have missed the criminal and hit some kindergartner!! :roll:
How about simply stop making night deposits because you know robbers are on to your schedule and get yourself a nice safe and have an armored carrier come by daily and get the money? I mean... you know that it is risky to have employees carrying large sums of cash late at night now... so you got no excuse for not thinking something better could be worked out. Save a life or two...

And this is EXACTLY why the general public needs to carry a gun. When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

#20 ·
Don't mean to get off topic...

How many of you guys when carrying keep one in the chamber and the safty one..ready to rock and roll if need be..

Also anyone carry without keeping one in the chamber?

sorry to derail

My thoughts go out to the family and victims. The man was a hero in my eyes.

#22 ·
screamingdemon said:
brownstown said:
Also anyone carry without keeping one in the chamber?
Why would you do such a thing? It's like not even having a gun on you. Most of the time you don't have the chance to chamber a round if an immediate threat is there.[/quote

Personally I always keep one chambered...I was thinking maybe this young man who was protecting his girlfriend wasn't though..and that is why he took a few rounds..maybe it was time lost when having to chamber the rounds...Was curiouse to see if there are people out there who carry but not with a chambered round.

#23 ·
Damn shame-when you love someone so much you would give your life for theirs-there stands a real hero.
I know how he felt someone shoots my wife only thing different would have been i would have kept shooting until the slide locked back.I am blessed been married to my best friend for 25 yrs.Cant imagine what she is going thru knowing what he did saved her.
Hope they hang him high and hang him quick.

:mad: :evil: :mad:
sorry for all the edits got kinda choked up

#26 ·
catsailer40 said:
bastard. he will get his. texas will put his ass to death.

i always carry mine with one in the chamber, and 10 in the mag(g27 with +1)
+1 for that I love Texas when it comes to the death penalty. No need for the a holes to sit in prison on our tax dollars for x amount of year. Kill them and get it over with. I say. Especailly if your guilty...

1 in the chamber and 7 in the clip. Kimber 1911

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.